Re: Hresco-Golmicz

  • Maura Petzolt
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
      If you are speaking about the Tarnava that was formerly Tovarne, the
      records there are filmed by the LDS.

      I don't have the film # offhand, but I did use them to look up the
      marriage in 1880 of my gr/grandparents there, so I know they are filmed.

      You should be able to find them easily in the catalog at your local FHC,
      or online via the catalog at http://www.familysearch.org

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • joe@gsphdean.gsph.pitt.edu
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
        Hi - could this be Pozdisovce? That's a town just southwest of
        Michalovce
        in eastern Slovakia.

        Joe Armata
        joe@...

        > From: Steve Veneskey <stevev@...>
        >
        > Hi, I am looking for any info on the towns and people of
        > Cozcisovice and Pozcisovice ( I hope the cities are spelled right ) ,
        > and the family names of Hresco and Kroy.
      • Steve Veneskey
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
          Thank you for the info. I don't know much about Slovakia, my
          mother-in-law is first generation American and the youngest in her
          family. I never got to meet her mother or father. Rose ( my
          mother-in-law ) did not know her father very well, he died when she was
          a small child. We are all learning about Slovakia together, with the
          hope of visiting someday.
          Thank you, Karen
        • Steve Veneskey
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
            Thank you Joe every little bit helps. I'll check it out.
            Karen