LDS Passenger Lists for NY

  • Mebjwb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2003
      Hi,

      I am hoping someone can advise me with a problem I encountered at the LDS
      History Library yesterday. I had ordered the Passenger Index for NY, years
      1897-1902.
      In looking at the soundex cards I found many typed cards that had the
      following information.

      Name 000 00 00
      0000

      For example: Pavlik, Joseph 24m 03 69 4862 (These are not the
      actual numbers used, but show the format used).

      No one at the Library was able to help me interpret this information. There
      is not any date on these cards or ship names--just these numbers. Can anyone
      tell me what these numbers mean?

      I then discovered they sent me the index from 1902-1910 instead of the one
      requested, so I have had to reorder the correct film. I am hoping to be able
      to understand these cards before I return to look at the reordered film.

      I greatly appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks.

      Marge Bonifield