Re: Joseph Bastian EIR

  • Frank <frankur@att.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2003
      Josef (G) József (H) Joseph Bastian, age 29, German, married,
      emigrated to U.S. on June 13, 1914.
      WW I began in Europe on July 28, 1914.
      Joseph was born in Temesvár, Hungary.
      He went to brother-in-law Leopold Potztata at 1713 Dayton Street,
      Chicago IL which is located near Clybourn Ave. and North Ave.
      I lived in Chicago in the mid-1960's.

      Lincoln Park encompasses the area from Diversey Avenue south to North
      Avenue and from Lake Michigan west to Clybourn.

      Settled by German immigrants in the 1850s, Lincoln Park is one of
      Chicago's oldest neighborhoods and for many years was home to
      German, Irish, Bohemian and Italian workers. After the devastating
      Great Chicago Fire of 1871, however, a building boom sparked the
      creation of numerous Victorian townhouses and greystones and
      changed Lincoln Park into a more upscale address.
      Sixty percent of Lincoln Park's current homes were built between 1880
      and 1904, many sporting designs from then-popular architectural
      styles.
      Today (88 years later), Lincoln Park is one of the Windy City's
      ritziest neighborhoods.