Re: Hresco-Golmicz

  • GoSlovakia@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
      How about the spelling "Hresko"?

      George
    • Maura Petzolt
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
        If you are speaking about the Tarnava that was formerly Tovarne, the
        records there are filmed by the LDS.

        I don't have the film # offhand, but I did use them to look up the
        marriage in 1880 of my gr/grandparents there, so I know they are filmed.

        You should be able to find them easily in the catalog at your local FHC,
        or online via the catalog at http://www.familysearch.org

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
        sabinov@...
        Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      • joe@gsphdean.gsph.pitt.edu
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
          Hi - could this be Pozdisovce? That's a town just southwest of
          Michalovce
          in eastern Slovakia.

          Joe Armata
          joe@...

          > From: Steve Veneskey <stevev@...>
          >
          > Hi, I am looking for any info on the towns and people of
          > Cozcisovice and Pozcisovice ( I hope the cities are spelled right ) ,
          > and the family names of Hresco and Kroy.
        • Steve Veneskey
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
            Thank you for the info. I don't know much about Slovakia, my
            mother-in-law is first generation American and the youngest in her
            family. I never got to meet her mother or father. Rose ( my
            mother-in-law ) did not know her father very well, he died when she was
            a small child. We are all learning about Slovakia together, with the
            hope of visiting someday.
            Thank you, Karen
          • Steve Veneskey
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
              Thank you Joe every little bit helps. I'll check it out.
              Karen