Re: [S-R] BOLISEGA

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2003
      At 08:44 PM 1/21/2003 -0800, you wrote:

      >I have looked through Ellis Island, but cannot, as yet, connect those listed
      >with our family. Since PETER BOLISEGA married MONICA STOZEK in Chicago,
      >IL, USA the year of 1911 -- they had to have come to the USA earlier.

      The EIDB has a Monica Stozek arriving in 1899 at the age of 20 from
      Podolin, Galicia.

      http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passRecord.asp?MID=03477643670080659424&LNM=STOZEK&PLNM=STOZEK&CGD=F&RF=19&pID=104316030128

      John M.
    • Ronald Polle
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2003
        Grandfather, Peter Bolisega definitely considered himself Polish and wrote
        letters in Polish.
        When my husband's mother was born, godparents listed were:
        MICHAEL BOLISEGA and CATHERINE POSKONKA

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
          Thanks very much -- I will try the other mailing group for help, as well.

          JOHN BOLISEGA and ANNA WODZISZ had son, PETER BOLISEGA

          JOSEPH STOZEK and MONICA POTOCZEK had daughter, MARY STOZEK

          PETER BOLISEGA m: MARY STOZEK, 1911
          had daughter MARY BOLISEGA, 1920

          Godparents of MARY BOLISEGA:
          MICHAEL BOLISEGA and CATHERINE POSKONKA

        • Frank <frankur@att.net>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 22, 2003
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald Polle" <rldep@m...>
            wrote:
            > Grandfather, Peter Bolisega definitely considered himself Polish and
            wrote
            > letters in Polish.
            > When my husband's mother was born, godparents listed were:
            > MICHAEL BOLISEGA and CATHERINE POSKONKA
            >
            > I have looked through Ellis Island, but cannot, as yet, connect
            those listed
            > with our family. Since PETER BOLISEGA married MONICA STOZEK in
            Chicago,
            > IL, USA the year of 1911 -- they had to have come to the USA
            earlier.

            St. John Cantius Church
            http://www.cantius.org/Parish-Hist.htm

            Galicia