Re: [S-R] Help needed with a surname...

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2003
      Kormancyk is a slovak spelling.
      for official use, the hungarian spelling would be used, so try with
      Kormancsyk or Kormancsik.
      Vladimir
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2003
        Vladimir,
        would Michalcsek be the Hungarian spelling of Michalsek?
        thanks
        Noreen
      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2003
          Noreen,
          Michalcsek is the hungarian spelling of Michalcek.
          The hungarians do not have the letter C with the thing on it, so they write CS.
          Especially good to know when researching Ellis Island.
          They Michalcsek and you will get all years.
          Try Michalcek and you will get years mostly from after the WW1, when the hungarian spelling was not required any more.
          Regards,
          Vladimir

          would Michalcsek be the Hungarian spelling of Michalsek?
          thanks
          Noreen

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor