[S-R] Re: RABATIN & GAPKO

  • Frank <frankur@att.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "RMH" <info@d...> wrote:
      > There surely were Rabatins in Pittsburgh - my brother Andrew lived
      there for
      > quite a while, and had a very difficult time trying to persuade a
      man who
      > phoned him that he wasn't in World War II with him - the man had had
      a WWII
      > buddy with the name Andrew Rabatin.
      >
      > My Grandfather Andrej Rabatin came from Secovska Polanka, Zemplen,
      and went
      > to work in the brickyards in Haverstraw, Rockland Co., NY, - came in
      1881
      > according to his naturalization papers, which was at the beginning
      of the
      > time that many Slovaks moved to Haverstraw.
      >
      > Regina Rabatin Haring
      > Nanuet, NY
      > http://www.dutchdoorgenealogy.com

      A number of Rabatin surname bearers emigrated from Sec^ovská
      Polianka (Sk) Szécsmezo" (H), Slovakia and went to Haverstraw, NY.

      A Pál (Paul), age 24, single, Slovak, in 1901.
      He went to uncle András (Andrew) at Haverstraw, NY.

      A János (John) , age 17, single, Slovak, in 1907.
      He went to uncle András (Andrew) in Stowerstown ? , NY.
      Expect that was Haverstraw misspelled.

      A József (Joseph) , age 27, Slovak, single in 1909.
      He went to brother in Tuxedo Park, NY. Orange CO ?

      A Julia, age 29 with children Anna, age 3 and Suzanna (Susan)
      age 11 months in 1904.
      Went to husband and their father András (Andrew) in Haverstraw, NY.

      The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1779-1895)
      for Sec^ovská Polianka (Sk) Szécsmezo" (H), Slovakia.
      Listed under Parchovany, Slovakia; formerly Párnó (H),
      Zemplén megye (county), Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

      Hungarian English
      rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic
      ag. AG. ágostai Evangelical (Lutheran)
      izr. IZR. izraelita Israelite (Jewish)

      (only the film headers are written in Slovak)
      In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
      Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
      Sobás^ení = Marriages
      Zomrelí = Deaths

      In Hungarian the matriky are titled
      Anyakönyvek.
      Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

      In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
      Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
      Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
      Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

      BTW
      Doesn't Nanuet have a lighthouse located at Stony Point ?