Lost and FOUND!

  • Maureen Pulignano
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 1999
      With great thanks to Jozef, who responded to my plea on this list, I
      have now located the village of my grandmother. And, perhaps more
      significantly, I now know her original maiden name and have the names
      and addresses of three current families of the same name in the village!
      This is great progress that I could not have made with the help of Jozef
      and his two daughters. They are a great credit to this list.

      And, now, I can ask if the following information about my grandmother's
      family has any meaning to other list members:

      Village: Dlhe nad Cirochou
      Surname: CHVOSTAL'OVA or CHVOSTAL'
      Given names:
      Michael, b. 1858
      Susan, b. 1865
      John, b. 1884
      Mary Katherine, b. 1887 (my grandmother)

      They emigrated to the US in about 1895. Any information will be greatly
      appreciated.

      Thanks to all -- especially to Jozef!

      Maureen