Hresco-Golmicz

  • Steve Veneskey
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 1999
      Hi, I am looking for any info on the towns and people of
      Cozcisovice and Pozcisovice ( I hope the cities are spelled right ) ,
      and the family names of Hresco and Kroy.
      The town of Tarnava and the names Golmicz ( I have seen this
      spelled Golmitz, Golmic, Golmics, Gormish) and the name Czbak.
      Thank you for taking the time to read this, Karen Veneskey
    • GoSlovakia@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
        How about the spelling "Hresko"?

        George
      • Maura Petzolt
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
          If you are speaking about the Tarnava that was formerly Tovarne, the
          records there are filmed by the LDS.

          I don't have the film # offhand, but I did use them to look up the
          marriage in 1880 of my gr/grandparents there, so I know they are filmed.

          You should be able to find them easily in the catalog at your local FHC,
          or online via the catalog at http://www.familysearch.org

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
          sabinov@...
          Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        • joe@gsphdean.gsph.pitt.edu
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
            Hi - could this be Pozdisovce? That's a town just southwest of
            Michalovce
            in eastern Slovakia.

            Joe Armata
            joe@...

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
              Thank you for the info. I don't know much about Slovakia, my
              mother-in-law is first generation American and the youngest in her
              family. I never got to meet her mother or father. Rose ( my
              mother-in-law ) did not know her father very well, he died when she was
              a small child. We are all learning about Slovakia together, with the
              hope of visiting someday.
              Thank you, Karen
            • Steve Veneskey
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 13, 1999
                Thank you Joe every little bit helps. I'll check it out.
                Karen