Location ID help needed

  • squinch42 <vpfezziwig@msn.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2002
      I posted a FILE today (December 28, 2002) entitled, "Ancestor
      Document" showing the marriage record for my great-grandfather,
      Michael Sztegena. The witness is my great-great-grandfather,
      Demetrius Sztegena. This excerpt comes from Orlov's GC records. I
      cannot find the family name in Orlov/Orlo prior to 1839 even though
      the local church records go back another 15 years. I suspect the
      Sztegena's came to Orlo from the village shown on the document
      following the names of both men but I can't find this village on my
      Rusyn map of the period. The name appears to be "KASIALNE" but I know
      that's wrong.

      Does anyone have information that might identify this place better?
      Thanks.