Re: Wasko, Kertis

  • squinch42 <vpfezziwig@msn.com>
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 26, 2002
      Kathleen,

      Serendipity may be at work here. I have been looking for a George
      HRIB, who gave "RUSSKI" as his birth place on his SS application. To
      date, I have not found him in the LDS records, maybe because his
      indicated year of birth is not covered by the LDS RUSKE tapes. I
      now have a reason to get those tapes and search those years that are
      covered looking for other names. There may be a linkage between your
      WASKO and my HRIB. My guy was supposedly born in December 1889 to
      Andrew HRIB and Helen WASKO. When he arrived in the US, he and his
      uncle appear to have headed to a SW suburb of Pittsburgh around 1905
      but separated. By 1909, George is married in Cambria County. While I
      can't find him in the 1910 census, I know he lived with his growing
      family in both Portage and Patton, PA before moving to NJ.

      If any of this seems to overlap your Wasko findings, feel free to
      contact me via email but I don't have much to share at this point. I
      will order the film cited by RCuster once the local LDS office
      reopens in January. If I find any Wasko's, I will send you a
      worksheet showing my WASKO findings.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "keblack2 <kblack@i...>"

    • bemimitwo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 26, 2002
        sorry i dont know any of these names and have just joined today also but
        have not listed any names yet i was just looking .

      • Scott & Kathleen Black
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 27, 2002
          Melissa,
          I will keep you information handy and let you know what I come across.

          Kathleen

          >If you come across a Joseph Wasko in your research, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep me in mind. I'll do the same with your info.

        • Scott & Kathleen Black
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 27, 2002
            >If any of this seems to overlap your Wasko findings, feel free to contact me via email but I don't have much to share at this point. I will order the film cited by RCuster once the local LDS office reopens in January. If I find any Wasko's, I will send you a worksheet showing my WASKO findings.

            That would be great! Thanks for keeping me in mind. I will also let you know if I run across anything.

            Kathleen

          • MA Bensh
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 27, 2002
              Thanks Kathleen!

              Melissa

            • MA Bensh
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 19, 2003
                Kathleen -

                Found some info on Wasko at this web address:

                http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=board&r=rw&p=surnames.wasko

                Thought it might help you.

                Melissa

              • Scott & Kathleen Black
                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 19, 2003
                  Melissa,
                  Thank you very much for remembering me. I have bookmarked the site.
                  Kathleen
                  Found some info on Wasko at this web address:

                  http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=board&r=rw&p=surnames.wasko

                  Thought it might help you.

                  Melissa

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor