Re: [S-R] Re: Wasko, Kertis

  • MA Bensh
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 26, 2002
      Kathleen -

      Hi, would be great if we were researching the same familly. I have little info on my ggf. His name was Joseph Wasko and that he was born in "Austria" (probably around 1880-1890 and died before 1940. He lived in Bayonne, NJ, with his wife Anna and 4 kids.

      If you come across a Joseph Wasko in your research, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep me in mind. I'll do the same with your info.

      Hope you had a happy holiday.

      Melissa

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 26, 2002
        Kathleen,

        Serendipity may be at work here. I have been looking for a George
        HRIB, who gave "RUSSKI" as his birth place on his SS application. To
        date, I have not found him in the LDS records, maybe because his
        indicated year of birth is not covered by the LDS RUSKE tapes. I
        now have a reason to get those tapes and search those years that are
        covered looking for other names. There may be a linkage between your
        WASKO and my HRIB. My guy was supposedly born in December 1889 to
        Andrew HRIB and Helen WASKO. When he arrived in the US, he and his
        uncle appear to have headed to a SW suburb of Pittsburgh around 1905
        but separated. By 1909, George is married in Cambria County. While I
        can't find him in the 1910 census, I know he lived with his growing
        family in both Portage and Patton, PA before moving to NJ.

        If any of this seems to overlap your Wasko findings, feel free to
        contact me via email but I don't have much to share at this point. I
        will order the film cited by RCuster once the local LDS office
        reopens in January. If I find any Wasko's, I will send you a
        worksheet showing my WASKO findings.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "keblack2 <kblack@i...>"

      • bemimitwo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 26, 2002
          sorry i dont know any of these names and have just joined today also but
          have not listed any names yet i was just looking .

        • Scott & Kathleen Black
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 27, 2002
            Melissa,
            I will keep you information handy and let you know what I come across.

            Kathleen

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 27, 2002
              >If any of this seems to overlap your Wasko findings, feel free to contact me via email but I don't have much to share at this point. I will order the film cited by RCuster once the local LDS office reopens in January. If I find any Wasko's, I will send you a worksheet showing my WASKO findings.

              That would be great! Thanks for keeping me in mind. I will also let you know if I run across anything.

              Kathleen

            • MA Bensh
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 27, 2002
                Thanks Kathleen!

                Melissa

              • MA Bensh
                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 19, 2003
                  Kathleen -

                  Found some info on Wasko at this web address:

                  http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=board&r=rw&p=surnames.wasko

                  Thought it might help you.

                  Melissa

                • Scott & Kathleen Black
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 19, 2003
                    Melissa,
                    Thank you very much for remembering me. I have bookmarked the site.
                    Kathleen
                    Found some info on Wasko at this web address:

                    http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=board&r=rw&p=surnames.wasko

                    Thought it might help you.

                    Melissa

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor