Re: [S-R] Help

  • Dr. Joe Q
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 26, 2002
      S^t'astne' Va'noce (Šťastné Vánoce) - Merry Christmas
      Vesele' Vianoce a S^t'astlivy Novy' Rok (Veselé Vianoce a Šťastlivy Nový Rok) - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
      Vesele' Vianoce a U'spes^ny' Novy' Rok (Veselé Vianoce a Úspešný Nový Rok) - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
      Vesele' Vianoc^ne a poz^ehnany Novy' Rok (Veselé Vianočné Sviatky a požehnaný Nový Rok) - Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year

      And

      Na zdravie.

      To you.

      Dr. "Q"

      Jon Zatk wrote:

      > Can someone please tell me how to write Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Slavish. Thank you.
      >
      > John Zatkovch
      >
      > PS--Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 5, 2004
        I am looking for Hirsch family ( husband and wife) that arrived in USA
        Benjamin in 1922 and Sidi in 1923.
        I found a couple of possibilities in social security death indexes. I am
        not sure if they are the ones I want. How can I find out further information?

        Benjamin Hirsch s.s.n. 140-28-3713

        " " s.s.n. 031-10-3958

        Nick
      • Janet Thompson
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
          --- Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:
          > I am looking for Hirsch family ( husband and wife)
          > that arrived in USA
          > Benjamin in 1922 and Sidi in 1923.
          > I found a couple of possibilities in social security
          > death indexes. I am
          > not sure if they are the ones I want. How can I find
          > out further information?
          >
          > Benjamin Hirsch s.s.n. 140-28-3713
          >
          > " " s.s.n. 031-10-3958
          >

          > Nick
          >
          > Hi Nick,

          Try the 1930 census for the State/County/ township
          that they went to live/work. Also try Ellis Island
          Records and try LDS Family Search. GOOD LUCK Janet

        • tltjlt2
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Janet Thompson <tltjlt2@y...>
            wrote:

            > --- Nick Holcz <nickh@i...> wrote:
            > > I am looking for Hirsch family ( husband and wife)
            > > that arrived in USA
            > > Benjamin in 1922 and Sidi in 1923.
            > > I found a couple of possibilities in social security
            > > death indexes. I am
            > > not sure if they are the ones I want. How can I find
            > > out further information?
            > >
            > > Benjamin Hirsch s.s.n. 140-28-3713
            > >
            > > " " s.s.n. 031-10-3958
            > >

            > > Nick
            > >
            > > Hi Nick,
            >
            > Try the 1930 census for the State/County/ township
            > that they went to live/work. Also try Ellis Island
            > Records and try LDS Family Search. GOOD LUCK Janet

            Ellis Island Records
            http://www.ellisislandrecords.org

            http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.htm/

            > http://www.familysearch.org/
          • Frank
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@i...> wrote:
              > I am looking for Hirsch family ( husband and wife) that arrived in USA
              > Benjamin in 1922 and Sidi in 1923.
              > I found a couple of possibilities in social security death indexes. I am
              > not sure if they are the ones I want. How can I find out further information?
              >
              > Benjamin Hirsch s.s.n. 140-28-3713
              >
              > " " s.s.n. 031-10-3958
              >

              > Nick

              Nick,

              Perhaps you think the surname Holcz was transliterated into German
              surname spelling Hirsch ?

              Since you have SS # s you can write for copy of SS# application form SS-5 which lists
              surname's place of origin, parent's names, and mother's maiden name.
              US government now charges $ 27 per copy.

              The Social Security DEath Index (SSDI) lists 6,747 surnames Hirsch.

              Based on those given names, expect they were Jewish ?
              Siri = Sari, Sara, Sarah
              Benyamin = Benjamin

              Frank K
            • Nick Holcz
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
                At 06:17 PM 6/04/2004, you wrote:
                >Nick,
                >
                >Perhaps you think the surname Holcz was transliterated into German
                >surname spelling Hirsch ?

                No Frank I don't think that Hirsch and Holcz are the same name. My aunty
                Sidi Holcz married Benjamin Hirsch and went to the US to his brother Nathan
                Hirsch. Yes they were Jewish.I have had a friend look in the 1930 census
                but she says she can't find them.

                I have looked at Jewishgen and the SSDI and can find those two Benjamin
                Hirsch but no Sidi. I have also looked at LDS site without success. So I am
                stuck for further ideas.

                Those two Benjamins are the right age and that is all I have to go on.

                Nick
              • Frank
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@i...> wrote:
                  > At 06:17 PM 6/04/2004, you wrote:
                  > >Nick,
                  > >
                  > >Perhaps you think the surname Holcz was transliterated into German
                  > >surname spelling Hirsch ?
                  > >

                  > No Frank I don't think that Hirsch and Holcz are the same name. My
                  aunty
                  > Sidi Holcz married Benjamin Hirsch and went to the US to his
                  brother Nathan
                  > Hirsch. Yes they were Jewish.I have had a friend look in the 1930
                  census
                  > but she says she can't find them.
                  >
                  > I have looked at Jewishgen and the SSDI and can find those two
                  Benjamin
                  > Hirsch but no Sidi. I have also looked at LDS site without success.
                  So I am
                  > stuck for further ideas.
                  >
                  > Those two Benjamins are the right age and that is all I have to go
                  on.

                  Nick,

                  My apology since had assumed you were located in USA researching
                  Slovak surnames.
                  I do surnames from OZ and NZ but they are usually Croatians who had
                  emigrated there early on.
                  Also do jewishgenners.

                  Hirsch (G) = deer,stag
                  Holz (G) = wood

                  The two Benjamins were born in 1887.
                  One was from State of Massachusetts (MA) and one was from New Jersey
                  (NJ)
                  In what American state did your aunt reside ?
                  Emigrated in 1923 so between 1920 and 1930 US Censuses.

                  Sidi would be listed in SSDI only if her husband had preceded her in
                  death.

                  If you knew where they had resided in US could write for possible
                  American naturalization papers
                  search via email message to pertinent National Archives and Records
                  Admin. Center ( 12 in US).

                  Frank K
                • Nick Holcz
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
                    At 10:30 PM 6/04/2004, you wrote:
                    >Nick,
                    >
                    >My apology since had assumed you were located in USA researching
                    >Slovak surnames.
                    >I do surnames from OZ and NZ but they are usually Croatians who had
                    >emigrated there early on.
                    >Also do jewishgenners.
                    >
                    >Frank K

                    Frank, I am in OZ tracing my father's Slovak family one of whom went to
                    the US.

                    Thanks for your help.
                    Nick
                  • J&H Helbrecht
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 6, 2005
                      Will someone please tell me what this is? I have been getting these
                      emails and have no idea what they are
                      Thank you
                      Jean

                      SANAL DEDEKTI.FLI.K HI.ZMETLERI.

                      TÜRKI.YE BU HI.ZMET VE TEKNI.G(I. KONUS,UYOR...
                      YENI. TEKNOLOJI. HI.ZMETI.NI.ZDE!
                      "Art?k es,ler, sevgililer, ortaklar birbirlerini aldatamayacak!"

                      Sizi aldatt?g(?ndan kus,ku duydug(unuz kis,inin,

                      * Sesli "cep telefon kay?tlar?"na (Geriye dönük/8 ayl?k vd.)
                      * I.leriye yönelik sesli "cep telefon kay?tlar?"na (Haftal?k)
                      * Görüs,me ân?ndaki "cep telefon kay?tlar?"na (Paralel/Sesli Dinleme)
                      * Ald?g(?/gönderdig(i "SMS mesajlar?"na (Geriye dönük SMS/8 ayl?k vd.)
                      * Ald?g(?/gönderdig(i "SMS mesajlar?"na (I.leriye yönelik SMS/Haftal?k)
                      * Gelen/Giden arama kay?tlar?na (Geçmis,/Gelecek; Gizli No ve Çag(r?lar)
                      * Gizledig(i "Özel" veya "Analog" numara bilgilerine (1 ve 2. kademe)
                      * I.leri tarihlere yönelik Telekom telefonlar?na ait ses kay?tlar?na

                      * Kis,isel bilgisayar?nda (ve online ortamda) kulland?g(? s,ifre bilgilerine
                      * Hard Diskindeki her bir dosya vd. dokümanlara
                      * "Thief" uygulamas? ile yapt?g(? her yaz?s,maya

                      * Gelen/giden "e-mail yaz?s,malar?"na (Yaz?l? Metin: Anl?k/Geçmis,/Gelecek)
                      * MSN Messenger "chat yaz?s,malar?"na (Log Kay?tlar?: Anl?k/Gelecek)
                      * Yahoo Messenger "chat yaz?s,malar?"na (Log Kay?tlar?: Anl?k/Gelecek)
                      * ICQ yaz?s,malar?na (Log Kay?tlar?: Anl?k/Gelecek)
                      * IRC odalar?nda yapt?g(? "chat kay?tlar?"na (Log Kay?tlar?: Anl?k/Gelecek)
                      * Skype ve Paltalk odalar?ndaki "ses kay?tlar?"na (Sesli/Yaz?l?; Anl?k)
                      * Sizi aldatt?g(? kis,inin "kimlik bilgileri"ne (Whois/Info/Contact)
                      * IP protokolüne ve Internet'e eris,im sag(lad?g(? "Telekom numaras?"na
                      * Aldatma içerikli diyaloglar?n yas,and?g(? "zamanlama bilgileri"ne

                      Sizi ve/veya yak?nlar?n?z? rahats?z eden bir kis,inin,

                      * (Gizli kay?t/özel numara bile olsa) Tel. numaras?na (1 ve 2. kademe)
                      * (Sabit numara ise) Telefon numaras?na ve abone bilgilerine
                      * (Cep telefonundan ar?yor ise) Tel. numaras?na ve yer tespitine
                      * (Ankesör telefondan ar?yor ise) yer tespitine

                      rahatl?kla ulas,abilir, bilmediklerinizi ög(renebilir,
                      elde ettig(iniz bilgileri "belge" olarak kullanabilir,
                      ilis,kilerinizi de bu veriler dog(rultusunda s,ekillendirebilirsiniz.

                      Takip gerektiren is,leriniz için,

                      * Kay?p kis,i bulma ve yer tespit çal?s,malar?
                      * Çal?nt? arabalarda yer tespiti ve "bulma tüyolar?"
                      * Ticari piyasa, rakip ve muhaliflerle ilgili tespit ve aras,t?rmalar
                      * Kredi kart? ve banka hesab? doland?r?c?l?g(?nda fail tespiti
                      * Kanun kaçaklar?n?n ve g?yâbi tutuklular?n bulunmas?nda is, takibi

                      Ayr?ca,

                      * "Tele-Kay?t" ile telefon görüs,melerini kaydedebilirsiniz.
                      * "Tele-Kulak" ile kablosuz telefon dinleyebilirsiniz (Sabit tel/GSM).
                      * "Casus-Kulakl?k" ile ortam dinleyebilirsiniz (Mesafe s?n?r? var/yok).
                      * "Sound Converter" cihaz? ile sesinizi deg(is,tirerek konus,abilirsiniz.
                      * "GSM-Casus" uygulamas? ile ses kayd? ve nakli yapabilirsiniz.
                      * "Kap-kaç Alarm?"n? evinize, araban?za, is,yerinize uygulayabilirsiniz.

                      Maliyet bilgilerini ve dig(er ög(renmek isteg(iniz ayr?nt?lar? sorunuz.
                      Bu reklam sizi ilgilendirmiyorsa, lütfen ihtiyac? olanlar? bilgilendiriniz.

                      N. Cem, Antalya, TR
                      GSM ve SMS: 0546-797 93 76
                      E-MAIL ve MSN: sd1005t4r@...
                      ICQ: 310-115-006

                    • Vladimir Linder
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 6, 2005
                        It is in Turkish language from Antalia, southern Turkey.

                        Vladi

                      • Dr. Joe Q
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 7, 2005
                          It could be spam, but I don't see usual $20 M USD or
                          some other outrageous sum of money that you are going
                          to get.

                          It is from Turkey and that is why you have the ?
                          marks. You have to select a compatible character set
                          on your browser (under the View tab), try Unicode
                          UTF-8 first, and others until you have only letters
                          with various diacritical marks.

                          I do not know any Turkish so I cannot begin to guess
                          what the message is.

                          Dr. "Q"

                          http://mail.yahoo.com