Help

  • Jon Zatk
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 25, 2002
      Can someone please tell me how to write Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Slavish. Thank you.

      John Zatkovch

      PS--Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    • Dr. Joe Q
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 26, 2002
        S^t'astne' Va'noce (Šťastné Vánoce) - Merry Christmas
        Vesele' Vianoce a S^t'astlivy Novy' Rok (Veselé Vianoce a Šťastlivy Nový Rok) - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
        Vesele' Vianoce a U'spes^ny' Novy' Rok (Veselé Vianoce a Úspešný Nový Rok) - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
        Vesele' Vianoc^ne a poz^ehnany Novy' Rok (Veselé Vianočné Sviatky a požehnaný Nový Rok) - Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year

        And

        Na zdravie.

        To you.

        Dr. "Q"

        Jon Zatk wrote:

        > Can someone please tell me how to write Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in Slavish. Thank you.
        >
        > John Zatkovch
        >
        > PS--Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

      • Nick Holcz
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 5, 2004
          I am looking for Hirsch family ( husband and wife) that arrived in USA
          Benjamin in 1922 and Sidi in 1923.
          I found a couple of possibilities in social security death indexes. I am
          not sure if they are the ones I want. How can I find out further information?

          Benjamin Hirsch s.s.n. 140-28-3713

          " " s.s.n. 031-10-3958

          Nick
        • Janet Thompson
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
            --- Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:
            > I am looking for Hirsch family ( husband and wife)
            > that arrived in USA
            > Benjamin in 1922 and Sidi in 1923.
            > I found a couple of possibilities in social security
            > death indexes. I am
            > not sure if they are the ones I want. How can I find
            > out further information?
            >
            > Benjamin Hirsch s.s.n. 140-28-3713
            >
            > " " s.s.n. 031-10-3958
            >

            > Nick
            >
            > Hi Nick,

            Try the 1930 census for the State/County/ township
            that they went to live/work. Also try Ellis Island
            Records and try LDS Family Search. GOOD LUCK Janet

          • tltjlt2
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Janet Thompson <tltjlt2@y...>
              wrote:

              > --- Nick Holcz <nickh@i...> wrote:
              > > I am looking for Hirsch family ( husband and wife)
              > > that arrived in USA
              > > Benjamin in 1922 and Sidi in 1923.
              > > I found a couple of possibilities in social security
              > > death indexes. I am
              > > not sure if they are the ones I want. How can I find
              > > out further information?
              > >
              > > Benjamin Hirsch s.s.n. 140-28-3713
              > >
              > > " " s.s.n. 031-10-3958
              > >

              > > Nick
              > >
              > > Hi Nick,
              >
              > Try the 1930 census for the State/County/ township
              > that they went to live/work. Also try Ellis Island
              > Records and try LDS Family Search. GOOD LUCK Janet

              Ellis Island Records
              http://www.ellisislandrecords.org

              http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.htm/

              > http://www.familysearch.org/
            • Frank
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@i...> wrote:
                > I am looking for Hirsch family ( husband and wife) that arrived in USA
                > Benjamin in 1922 and Sidi in 1923.
                > I found a couple of possibilities in social security death indexes. I am
                > not sure if they are the ones I want. How can I find out further information?
                >
                > Benjamin Hirsch s.s.n. 140-28-3713
                >
                > " " s.s.n. 031-10-3958
                >

                > Nick

                Nick,

                Perhaps you think the surname Holcz was transliterated into German
                surname spelling Hirsch ?

                Since you have SS # s you can write for copy of SS# application form SS-5 which lists
                surname's place of origin, parent's names, and mother's maiden name.
                US government now charges $ 27 per copy.

                The Social Security DEath Index (SSDI) lists 6,747 surnames Hirsch.

                Based on those given names, expect they were Jewish ?
                Siri = Sari, Sara, Sarah
                Benyamin = Benjamin

                Frank K
              • Nick Holcz
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
                  At 06:17 PM 6/04/2004, you wrote:
                  >Nick,
                  >
                  >Perhaps you think the surname Holcz was transliterated into German
                  >surname spelling Hirsch ?

                  No Frank I don't think that Hirsch and Holcz are the same name. My aunty
                  Sidi Holcz married Benjamin Hirsch and went to the US to his brother Nathan
                  Hirsch. Yes they were Jewish.I have had a friend look in the 1930 census
                  but she says she can't find them.

                  I have looked at Jewishgen and the SSDI and can find those two Benjamin
                  Hirsch but no Sidi. I have also looked at LDS site without success. So I am
                  stuck for further ideas.

                  Those two Benjamins are the right age and that is all I have to go on.

                  Nick
                • Frank
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@i...> wrote:
                    > At 06:17 PM 6/04/2004, you wrote:
                    > >Nick,
                    > >
                    > >Perhaps you think the surname Holcz was transliterated into German
                    > >surname spelling Hirsch ?
                    > >

                    > No Frank I don't think that Hirsch and Holcz are the same name. My
                    aunty
                    > Sidi Holcz married Benjamin Hirsch and went to the US to his
                    brother Nathan
                    > Hirsch. Yes they were Jewish.I have had a friend look in the 1930
                    census
                    > but she says she can't find them.
                    >
                    > I have looked at Jewishgen and the SSDI and can find those two
                    Benjamin
                    > Hirsch but no Sidi. I have also looked at LDS site without success.
                    So I am
                    > stuck for further ideas.
                    >
                    > Those two Benjamins are the right age and that is all I have to go
                    on.

                    Nick,

                    My apology since had assumed you were located in USA researching
                    Slovak surnames.
                    I do surnames from OZ and NZ but they are usually Croatians who had
                    emigrated there early on.
                    Also do jewishgenners.

                    Hirsch (G) = deer,stag
                    Holz (G) = wood

                    The two Benjamins were born in 1887.
                    One was from State of Massachusetts (MA) and one was from New Jersey
                    (NJ)
                    In what American state did your aunt reside ?
                    Emigrated in 1923 so between 1920 and 1930 US Censuses.

                    Sidi would be listed in SSDI only if her husband had preceded her in
                    death.

                    If you knew where they had resided in US could write for possible
                    American naturalization papers
                    search via email message to pertinent National Archives and Records
                    Admin. Center ( 12 in US).

                    Frank K
                  • Nick Holcz
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 6, 2004
                      At 10:30 PM 6/04/2004, you wrote:
                      >Nick,
                      >
                      >My apology since had assumed you were located in USA researching
                      >Slovak surnames.
                      >I do surnames from OZ and NZ but they are usually Croatians who had
                      >emigrated there early on.
                      >Also do jewishgenners.
                      >
                      >Frank K

                      Frank, I am in OZ tracing my father's Slovak family one of whom went to
                      the US.

                      Thanks for your help.
                      Nick
                    • J&H Helbrecht
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 6, 2005
                        Will someone please tell me what this is? I have been getting these
                        emails and have no idea what they are
                        Thank you
                        Jean

                        SANAL DEDEKTI.FLI.K HI.ZMETLERI.

                        TÜRKI.YE BU HI.ZMET VE TEKNI.G(I. KONUS,UYOR...
                        YENI. TEKNOLOJI. HI.ZMETI.NI.ZDE!
                        "Art?k es,ler, sevgililer, ortaklar birbirlerini aldatamayacak!"

                        Sizi aldatt?g(?ndan kus,ku duydug(unuz kis,inin,

                        * Sesli "cep telefon kay?tlar?"na (Geriye dönük/8 ayl?k vd.)
                        * I.leriye yönelik sesli "cep telefon kay?tlar?"na (Haftal?k)
                        * Görüs,me ân?ndaki "cep telefon kay?tlar?"na (Paralel/Sesli Dinleme)
                        * Ald?g(?/gönderdig(i "SMS mesajlar?"na (Geriye dönük SMS/8 ayl?k vd.)
                        * Ald?g(?/gönderdig(i "SMS mesajlar?"na (I.leriye yönelik SMS/Haftal?k)
                        * Gelen/Giden arama kay?tlar?na (Geçmis,/Gelecek; Gizli No ve Çag(r?lar)
                        * Gizledig(i "Özel" veya "Analog" numara bilgilerine (1 ve 2. kademe)
                        * I.leri tarihlere yönelik Telekom telefonlar?na ait ses kay?tlar?na

                        * Kis,isel bilgisayar?nda (ve online ortamda) kulland?g(? s,ifre bilgilerine
                        * Hard Diskindeki her bir dosya vd. dokümanlara
                        * "Thief" uygulamas? ile yapt?g(? her yaz?s,maya

                        * Gelen/giden "e-mail yaz?s,malar?"na (Yaz?l? Metin: Anl?k/Geçmis,/Gelecek)
                        * MSN Messenger "chat yaz?s,malar?"na (Log Kay?tlar?: Anl?k/Gelecek)
                        * Yahoo Messenger "chat yaz?s,malar?"na (Log Kay?tlar?: Anl?k/Gelecek)
                        * ICQ yaz?s,malar?na (Log Kay?tlar?: Anl?k/Gelecek)
                        * IRC odalar?nda yapt?g(? "chat kay?tlar?"na (Log Kay?tlar?: Anl?k/Gelecek)
                        * Skype ve Paltalk odalar?ndaki "ses kay?tlar?"na (Sesli/Yaz?l?; Anl?k)
                        * Sizi aldatt?g(? kis,inin "kimlik bilgileri"ne (Whois/Info/Contact)
                        * IP protokolüne ve Internet'e eris,im sag(lad?g(? "Telekom numaras?"na
                        * Aldatma içerikli diyaloglar?n yas,and?g(? "zamanlama bilgileri"ne

                        Sizi ve/veya yak?nlar?n?z? rahats?z eden bir kis,inin,

                        * (Gizli kay?t/özel numara bile olsa) Tel. numaras?na (1 ve 2. kademe)
                        * (Sabit numara ise) Telefon numaras?na ve abone bilgilerine
                        * (Cep telefonundan ar?yor ise) Tel. numaras?na ve yer tespitine
                        * (Ankesör telefondan ar?yor ise) yer tespitine

                        rahatl?kla ulas,abilir, bilmediklerinizi ög(renebilir,
                        elde ettig(iniz bilgileri "belge" olarak kullanabilir,
                        ilis,kilerinizi de bu veriler dog(rultusunda s,ekillendirebilirsiniz.

                        Takip gerektiren is,leriniz için,

                        * Kay?p kis,i bulma ve yer tespit çal?s,malar?
                        * Çal?nt? arabalarda yer tespiti ve "bulma tüyolar?"
                        * Ticari piyasa, rakip ve muhaliflerle ilgili tespit ve aras,t?rmalar
                        * Kredi kart? ve banka hesab? doland?r?c?l?g(?nda fail tespiti
                        * Kanun kaçaklar?n?n ve g?yâbi tutuklular?n bulunmas?nda is, takibi

                        Ayr?ca,

                        * "Tele-Kay?t" ile telefon görüs,melerini kaydedebilirsiniz.
                        * "Tele-Kulak" ile kablosuz telefon dinleyebilirsiniz (Sabit tel/GSM).
                        * "Casus-Kulakl?k" ile ortam dinleyebilirsiniz (Mesafe s?n?r? var/yok).
                        * "Sound Converter" cihaz? ile sesinizi deg(is,tirerek konus,abilirsiniz.
                        * "GSM-Casus" uygulamas? ile ses kayd? ve nakli yapabilirsiniz.
                        * "Kap-kaç Alarm?"n? evinize, araban?za, is,yerinize uygulayabilirsiniz.

                        Maliyet bilgilerini ve dig(er ög(renmek isteg(iniz ayr?nt?lar? sorunuz.
                        Bu reklam sizi ilgilendirmiyorsa, lütfen ihtiyac? olanlar? bilgilendiriniz.

                        N. Cem, Antalya, TR
                        GSM ve SMS: 0546-797 93 76
                        E-MAIL ve MSN: sd1005t4r@...
                        ICQ: 310-115-006

                      • Vladimir Linder
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 6, 2005
                          It is in Turkish language from Antalia, southern Turkey.

                          Vladi

                        • Dr. Joe Q
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 7, 2005
                            It could be spam, but I don't see usual $20 M USD or
                            some other outrageous sum of money that you are going
                            to get.

                            It is from Turkey and that is why you have the ?
                            marks. You have to select a compatible character set
                            on your browser (under the View tab), try Unicode
                            UTF-8 first, and others until you have only letters
                            with various diacritical marks.

                            I do not know any Turkish so I cannot begin to guess
                            what the message is.

                            Dr. "Q"

                            http://mail.yahoo.com