SVAGERKO - YENCIK - YORCHAK

  • Richard & Mary Ann Svagerko
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2002
      George SVAGERKO of Muran Slovakia married Cornelia YENCIK of Hnusta Slovakia in Cleveland, Ohio in 1916. Naturalization papers indicate that George arrived in Baltimore Maryland 09/29/1908 aboard the "Bohn Strase". George's father (also George) was found to live in the Youngstown, Ohio area and previously in the Johnstown Pennsylvania area. George's mother Helen YORCHAK or YURAHAK (as reported on death certificate) was Greek Catholic according to the funeral home.

      George had five (5) brothers and sisters; Joseph, Helen, Anna, Michael and John. John Svagerko was supposedly left in Czechoslovakia according to an obit. Joseph married Bessie UMSTEAD, Helen married Andre CUBIC and Anna married George NACKETT, while Michael married Mary ZENTKO. It is reported that several of the above worked for the Republic Steel Corp. in Youngstown, Ohio.
      I am looking for information on these individuals or their descendants.

      Thank You,
      Richard R. Svagerko

    • Frank <frankur@att.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 25, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Richard & Mary Ann Svagerko"
        <svagerko@a...> wrote:
        > George SVAGERKO of Muran Slovakia married Cornelia YENCIK of Hnusta
        Slovakia in Cleveland, Ohio in 1916. Naturalization papers indicate
        that George arrived in Baltimore Maryland 09/29/1908 aboard the "Bohn
        Strase". George's father (also George) was found to live in the
        Youngstown, Ohio area and previously in the Johnstown Pennsylvania
        area. George's mother Helen YORCHAK or YURAHAK (as reported on death
        certificate) was Greek Catholic according to the funeral home.

        > George had five (5) brothers and sisters; Joseph, Helen, Anna,
        Michael and John. John Svagerko was supposedly left in Czechoslovakia
        according to an obit. Joseph married Bessie UMSTEAD, Helen married
        Andre CUBIC and Anna married George NACKETT, while Michael married
        Mary ZENTKO. It is reported that several of the above worked for the
        Republic Steel Corp. in Youngstown, Ohio.
        > I am looking for information on these individuals or their
        descendants.

        > Thank You,
        > Richard R. Svagerko

        Hnús^t'a (Sk) Nyustya (H) is located 134 miles ENE of Bratislava,
        Slovakia and near Banská Bystrica.
        Murán^ (Sk) Murányalja (H) is located 140 miles ENE of Bratislava
        and 11 miles distant from Hnús^t'a.

        G.C. parish church records (1775-1893) exist for Hnús^t'a and Murán^;
        formerly Murány, (also called Murányalja), Gömör megye (county),
        Hungary.
        Listed under S^umiac.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists 3 surnames S^vagerko
        (Shvagerko) under Banská Bystrica.
        Directory also lists 2 surnames Jenc^ík (Jenchik) under Banská
        Bystrica.
        In most Slavic languages the letter J is pron. Y.