[admin] Christmastime

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2002
      It's Christmastime and folks are busy doing other things (shopping,
      cooking, visiting, going to the beach in Australia) .... all lists are
      slower in December. They pick up in January when Santa brings all those
      new computers.

      So, please, do not send "test" messages, "where is everyone" or "am I
      still subscribed" messages to the lists (and that's a good idea for any
      list you are on). If you must, write to me asking those questions, but
      my answer is going to be the same, it's Christmastime and people are not
      as concerned with genealogy.

      Some people unsubscribe at this time and then resub in January. If you
      need to do that, please see the instructions on the list page for
      whatever list you are on.

      Since there are so many members on lists, we also ask that you not send
      "Merry Christmas" messages etc to an entire list. (Some people put it in
      their signature line at this time of year).
      It's much better if you send individual messages to friends online.

      And lastly, we do still adhere to the rules of the list, tho we do relax
      them between the days of Dec 25 and Jan 1 to allow some leeway on
      genealogy (like customs etc), as long as it doesn't go nuts. If you have
      any questions, please email me.

      Thanks!

      Maura
      Listowner