researching surnames SULEK, MATUSAK, DLABIK and SAHUL

  • jarach1963 <jarach1963@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2002
      I'm seeking information on my grandparents' families. My grandfather,
      Stephan Sulek, immigrated through Ellis Island from Bobrov, Arva,
      Hungary, in 1898. His parents' names were Joseph Sulek and Catherine
      Matusak Sulek. His siblings were Joseph, Catherine, Theresa, and
      Andrew. I believe all but Theresa immigrated to America. Andrew
      settled in Illinois and the rest settled in New Jersey.

      My grandmother, Johanna Dlabik, immigrated in 1900 from Oszada, Arva,
      Hungary. Her parents' names were Joseph Dlabik and Veronica Sahul
      Dlabik. Her siblings were Jan, Maria and Pauline. Jan apparently
      stayed in Europe, but the sisters immigrated. My grandmother settled
      in New Jersey and her sisters settled in Pennsylvania.

      Any information will be greatly appreciated!!
    • John M,
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2002
        At 06:01 AM 12/13/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >I'm seeking information on my grandparents' families. My grandfather,
        >Stephan Sulek, immigrated through Ellis Island from Bobrov, Arva,
        >Hungary, in 1898. His parents' names were Joseph Sulek and Catherine
        >Matusak Sulek. His siblings were Joseph, Catherine, Theresa, and
        >Andrew. I believe all but Theresa immigrated to America. Andrew
        >settled in Illinois and the rest settled in New Jersey.

        Have you searched the Ellis Island database for them? Have you searched
        the LDS microfilms? More details would be useful. Your request is a bit
        nebulous.

        >My grandmother, Johanna Dlabik, immigrated in 1900 from Oszada, Arva,
        >Hungary. Her parents' names were Joseph Dlabik and Veronica Sahul
        >Dlabik. Her siblings were Jan, Maria and Pauline. Jan apparently
        >stayed in Europe, but the sisters immigrated. My grandmother settled
        >in New Jersey and her sisters settled in Pennsylvania.

        Same as above. I see immigrants from the villages you mentioned in the
        EIDB. There is an Alojz Sulek living in Bobrov and there is a Gabriela
        Dlabikova living in Trstena, which I believe has incorporated Oszada.

        Trstena -
        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C180%2C0&titleno=652026&disp=Cirkevn%E1_matrika

        Bobrov -
        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&columns=*%2C180%2C0&titleno=756308&disp=Cirkevn%E1_matrika