Re: [S-R] Translation Help

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
      Prodana Nevesta = Sold Bride= is an opera.
      The rest could mean; 'Think it over, Masenka."
      Vladimir
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
        Thanks for your help.

        Kevin
        --- Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:
        > Prodana Nevesta = Sold Bride= is an opera.
        > The rest could mean; 'Think it over, Masenka."
        > Vladimir

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
          Here is the translation:

          "I apologize for very bad english, I made the translations with the help of
          the software.
          Dear Mrs.Christie!
          This week I received a letter from you, where you write, that we maybe are
          distant relatives and in the letter you wrote also further 5 addresses from
          Slovakia. It is indeed possible, that we are distant relatives, but the
          communist regime in former Czechoslovakia did not allow any contacts.
          According to my father we had relatives in USA, in several States, he
          mentioned Virginia and Indiana.
          I am Miroslav Vikartov Vikartovsky (1953), I live in Bratislava. My father
          Frantisek Vikartovsky was born in Smizany. A part of his life he lived with
          his parents in Poprad. His mother was Anna Vikartovska ( Markovicova),
          father Jozef Vikartovsky (or Stefan) died about 10 years before I was born.
          Father Frantisek died in 1990, his mother Anna died in 1972. There was also
          a Henrieta Vikartovska, who lived in Bratislava, who died in 1987.
          From this branch of the family, I am the only adult, living with the surname
          Vikartovsky. In your letter you are mentioning several names from Slovakia,
          but I do not know any of them and I do not know, whether we are related. Our
          family moved to Bratislava in 1947, and they are from the East of Slovakia.
          If you will have interest for more info about the family, I will have to
          find it in offices.
          In this letter so much for now, regards to all living Vikartovskys in the
          USA. Miroslav"
          End of translation.
          My comment:
          If you want to find relatives, then you must bear in mind, that these
          relatives may have resulted as descendants of siblings of those, who
          emigrated to US. This is too far for the living ones to know, so you must
          research your family, either siblings of your known ancestors who emigrated
          or siblings of their parents, which means one generation back. This research
          has to be made so, that you have identifiable persons, who were born after
          1900, and thus can be remembered by somebody living now here.
          The only thing you can ask somebody here and expect a positive answer is,
          who were his grandparents.
          If the names fit into what you have found with your research, then you have
          a relative.
          Regards,
          Vladimir Bohinc

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
            In a message dated 11/10/03 5:28:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            konekta@... writes:

            > Smizany

            http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?countryid=213&addtohistory=&country=SK&
            city=Smizany&submit=Get+Map