Re: New surname

  • MJESKO@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 1999
      Demeter is also found among the Germans. You may want to check and see
      if there is a German connection also. You had many German villages in
      Spis & Saris prior to WWII.

      "TRADITION is the JOYFUL memory of a people!"
    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 1999
        Hmm. Maybe something will turn up that supports this. These are records of
        an evangelical church community, more or less Lutherans, and I have noticed
        other German names that go back to the mid-18th century, like
        Firman/Fuhrmann.