Re: Military marriages (was Jewish records)

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      I've found quite a few marriages in the records of Bartfa and Presov of
      military men -- gives their regiment # and details which I have to get
      translated actually, and their place of birth. They are written in the
      regular Catholic records and this is in the late 1700- early 1800 time
      frame. Many of these are my ancestors, so it's giving me another place
      to look for the men's earlier birth records etc.

      However, in the LDS catalog, for some places like Galicia there are
      seperate records for births, deaths and marriages for the military. Then
      there are the regular records too, so in those cases I guess I will have
      to try one and if not found, try another.

      Maura

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching