Jewish records - thoughts please

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      Many of you know I am studying the records in Sabinov, where my family
      is intermarried seemingly to most of the town via Catholic records, and
      now am finding them married in the Protestant records.

      Eventually I would like to do a definitive genealogy study on the
      families in this town, and the thought crossed my mind that maybe, some
      of the people I can't find in the Catholic and Protestant records may
      have married into the Jewish faith? There are only 2 films for Jewish
      records in Sabinov.

      I know this is just going for guesses for people, but has anyone found
      their families intermarrying into all faiths when they stay in one town
      for hundreds of years? Is it worth taking a look at the records?

      Any thoughts appreciated,

      Maura

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
    • CPRAMUKA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
        In a message dated 12/1/02 2:17:07 PM, SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com writes:

        << the thought crossed my mind that maybe, some
        of the people I can't find in the Catholic and Protestant records may
        have married into the Jewish faith? >>

        Maura,

        I have found an unusual surname for Catholics in the Plavnica area: "AKIM".
        I'm not sure if this means that they intermarried or converted or something
        else. All I know is that in this country when I see the name "AKIM" it's
        usually associated with the Jewish faith.

        D Taylor
        CPRAMUKA@...