Re: [S-R] Re: GALOVICH

  • Pat Galovich
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2002
      Frank wrote:
      (Sometimes emigrants to Canada, trans-shipped via the U.S.A.
      I have seen many such surnames listed in Ellis Island (NYC) ship
      manifests.).....
      Yes, I'm aware of this. My father and his parents arrived from Scotland via Ellis Isl. in 1908, and after his parents' demise, he then migrated north to
      B.C. crossing the US/Can. border as if he was taking a "Sunday stroll" - no immigration papers, border checks, or etc.!! This was circ. 1926.

      > (My message didn't contain some important lines listed below.
      > Canada Genealogy Sources).....
      > http://www-personal.umich.edu/%7Ecgaunt/canada.html#CANADIAN

      ...I appreciate the Canadian links - some I already use, but several others were new to me and I'll have fun checking them out!
      Pat