Re: Trebisov Question

  • squinch42
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 27, 2002
      Thanks. I knew Charles had started before me but another cousin had
      researched our family roots back in the 1970-85 period. I doubt if
      Charles knew that before last year. She even put a book together
      listing all the relatives scattered around the US as well as their
      addresses. During her trips to Slovakia she visited Trebisov and
      Sarisske Sokolvce meeting with church and civic folk to gather data.
      (She knew the language quite well.) As I recall, she only was able to
      locate two distant relatives during her last visit.

      Since I have the Csintala family tree (maternal grandfather) covering
      six gereations, I have been concentrating on my maternal
      grandmother's
      line and on my father's lines. So far, I have pieces going back to
      the 1790's. I hope to push the Csintala curtain back another
      generation of two later next year after I connect more of the pieces
      on my father's side.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Frank" <frankur@a...> wrote:
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "squinch42" <vpfezziwig@m...> wrote:
      > > Thanks for the info. I have to ask, how did you find that Anna
      lived
      > > in Oneida and in 1893? The town was (and still is) too small for
      > > city directory. I was there in March and had a hard time just
      > > finding the cemetery where my grandfather was buried. It was near
      > the
      > > woods in a small cemetery in Sheppton.
      >
      > ahoj,
      >
      > Later, Stefan Liptak ( b. S^aris^ské Sokolovce (Sk) Totselymes
      (H)
      > in 1875) and Anna Liptak née Csintala had moved to the Clifton,
      NJ
      > area.
      >
      > Stefan Liptak's great-grandson Charles Liptak B_ was looking for
      > these surnames five years ago.
      > Since then had replied to 200,000 + surname queries.
      >
      > Also spent a year at a regional NARA, researching Slavic coal miners
      > from U.S. Census enumeration microfilms from anthracite coal-mining
      > region in NE PA and the bituminous coal-mining region in SW PA.
      > (There was no 1890 U.S. Census because it was destroyed in a fire,
      > so the 1900 U.S. Census was the next available one)
      >
      > (I last visited Slovakia in 1946)
      >
      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "Frank" <frankur@a...> wrote:
      > coal
      > > area
      > > and
      > > she
      > > >
      > > > An Anna Csintala was born in Trebis^ov in 1879.
      > > > In 1893 she was living in Oneida PA.
      > > > She married a Stefan Liptak in Shepton PA in 1896.
      > > > Her father's name was also George György (H) Juraj (Sk)
      Csintala.

      > > > Some surnames Csintala also emigrated from Hernádcsány
      (H)
      > > > C^an^a (Sk) located in the Kos^ice (Sk) Kassa (H) area
      > > > in 1913.
      > > >
      > > > Malcov is located west of Bardejov.
      > > > G.C. parish church records (1769-1895) exist for Malcov.
      > > >

      > > > http://www.rootsweb.com/~paschuyl/schuylki.htm
      > > >
      > > > http://www.rootsweb.com/~paluzern/index2.htm

      > > > traced
      > > was