Re: [S-R] Slovak cemeteries in U.S.

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2002
      This has nothing to do with your question but it reminded me of when my
      husband and i went to his parents' home in the Midwest and we went to the
      local area of Amish folks. ALL the stones faced away from the road and
      entrance to the cemetary and my husband told me it was because they felt it
      vain to have their names facing where they could be seen.

      another thing i noticed, which does have to do with your question is that in
      the Slovak graves back in Jersey where all my family is buried, i see that
      most from the 1900 to 1925 year range have Slovak prayers on them even if
      just a few words. i wonder if the Greek Orthodox stones have prayers
      ingraved in Slovak or Eastern Rite prayers. would this be a clue?
      Noreen