Re: Hungarian terms

  • Frank Rabey
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 11, 1999
      Andrea:
      Try http://www.bmi.net/jjuso/Hungarian+AF8-Terms+AF8-and+AF8-Phrases.html
      Let me now if this helps.
      Frank
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Andrea Vangor drav+AEA-oz.net
      To: Slovak Roots SLOVAK-ROOTS+AEA-onelist.com
      Date: Thursday, November 11, 1999 16:24
      Subject: +AFs-SLOVAK-ROOTS+AF0- Hungarian terms

      From: +ACI-Andrea Vangor+ACI- drav+AEA-oz.net

      Does anyone remember a source for Hungarian words that pertain to causes of
      death? I did find an excellent resource for other Hungarian genealogical
      terms at
      http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/hungword.htm

      but it does not include words for diseases and so on.

      Andrea

    • Andrea Vangor
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 11, 1999
        Thanks a whole big bunch! It does not help that the minister or whoever
        wrote this stuff out in a scrawl most of the time, so I can't even look up
        the Hungarian word.

        > This is the one I have printed out to keep in my "go book" for research:
        >
        > http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Hungarian_Terms_and_Phrases.html
        >
        > There are lots of phrases, including causes of death -- 9+ pages.
        > Maureen
        >
        > Andrea Vangor wrote:
        >
        > > From: "Andrea Vangor" <drav@...>
        > >
        > > Does anyone remember a source for Hungarian words that pertain to causes
        of
        > > death? I did find an excellent resource for other Hungarian
        genealogical
        > > terms at
        > > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/hungword.htm
        > >
        > > but it does not include words for diseases and so on.
        > >
        > > Andrea

      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 12, 1999
          That sounds like a great page -- but it would not come up on my browser for
          some reason. Do you think the site has changed its URL?

          > Does anyone remember a source for Hungarian words that pertain to
          causes of
          > death? I did find an excellent resource for other Hungarian
          genealogical
          > terms at
          > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/hungword.htm
          >
          > but it does not include words for diseases and so on.
          >
          > Andrea

        • Frank Rabey
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 12, 1999
            Andrea:

            A review of my typing of the hyperlink reveals a gross mistake. Here is the
            the link that should bring you to the cited reference:

            http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Hungarian+AF8-Terms+AF8-Phrases.html

            Also, English-Hungarian +ACY- Hungarian-English Dictionary at

            http://www.sztaki.hu/services/engdict/index.jhtml

            Hope this helps.

            Frank

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 12, 1999