Hungarian terms

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 11, 1999
      Does anyone remember a source for Hungarian words that pertain to causes of
      death? I did find an excellent resource for other Hungarian genealogical
      terms at
      http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/hungword.htm

      but it does not include words for diseases and so on.

      Andrea
    • Maureen Pulignano
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 11, 1999
        Andrea,
        This is the one I have printed out to keep in my "go book" for research:

        http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Hungarian_Terms_and_Phrases.html

        There are lots of phrases, including causes of death -- 9+ pages.
        Maureen

        Andrea Vangor wrote:

        > From: "Andrea Vangor" <drav@...>
        >
        > Does anyone remember a source for Hungarian words that pertain to causes of
        > death? I did find an excellent resource for other Hungarian genealogical
        > terms at
        > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/hungword.htm
        >
        > but it does not include words for diseases and so on.
        >
        > Andrea

      • Frank Rabey
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 11, 1999
          Andrea:
          Try http://www.bmi.net/jjuso/Hungarian+AF8-Terms+AF8-and+AF8-Phrases.html
          Let me now if this helps.
          Frank

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 11, 1999
            Thanks a whole big bunch! It does not help that the minister or whoever
            wrote this stuff out in a scrawl most of the time, so I can't even look up
            the Hungarian word.

            > This is the one I have printed out to keep in my "go book" for research:
            >
            > http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Hungarian_Terms_and_Phrases.html
            >
            > There are lots of phrases, including causes of death -- 9+ pages.
            > Maureen
            >
            > Andrea Vangor wrote:
            >
            > > From: "Andrea Vangor" <drav@...>
            > >
            > > Does anyone remember a source for Hungarian words that pertain to causes
            of
            > > death? I did find an excellent resource for other Hungarian
            genealogical
            > > terms at
            > > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/hungword.htm
            > >
            > > but it does not include words for diseases and so on.
            > >
            > > Andrea

          • Andrea Vangor
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 12, 1999
              That sounds like a great page -- but it would not come up on my browser for
              some reason. Do you think the site has changed its URL?

              > Does anyone remember a source for Hungarian words that pertain to
              causes of
              > death? I did find an excellent resource for other Hungarian
              genealogical
              > terms at
              > http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7347/hungword.htm
              >
              > but it does not include words for diseases and so on.
              >
              > Andrea

            • Frank Rabey
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 12, 1999
                Andrea:

                A review of my typing of the hyperlink reveals a gross mistake. Here is the
                the link that should bring you to the cited reference:

                http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/Hungarian+AF8-Terms+AF8-Phrases.html

                Also, English-Hungarian +ACY- Hungarian-English Dictionary at

                http://www.sztaki.hu/services/engdict/index.jhtml

                Hope this helps.

                Frank

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 12, 1999