Re: introduction (Misak/Dudash)

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "janeravenswood" <janeravenswood@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > Finally found out about this list. My mom's side of the family is
      > Hungarian/Czechoslovakian, the main surnames involved are Misak and
      > Dudash. We've just dicovered my one great-grandfather and great-
      > grandmother's naturalization papers and what looks to be a marriage
      > certficate with a picture of a church on it and one other paper (I'm
      > in the process of getting them translated). They settled in the New
      > Brunswick New Jersey area. No idea (yet) where they originally came
      > from.
      >
      > Looking forward to exploring my ancestry!
      >
      > Andrea

      Expect one of your surnames was :
      Dudasz (H)
      Dudash (pron.)
      Dudás^ (Sk)

      Slovakia telephone directory lists 9 surname Dudás^ bearers under
      Závadka nad Hronom (Sk) Agostonlak (H), located near Banská Bytrica,
      Slovakia.

      R.C. parish church records exist for village (1832-1914)
      Also G.C. parish church records exist (1775-1893)