Latin phrase

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 1999
      A fellow searcher and Probable Cousin has found this phrase referring to the
      father of several individuals in S~aris~ County -- I think in the early 19th
      century.

      Spanuto or spamuto dominalis

      It seems to be used in the same context as words referring to a person's
      state of life. Does anyone have an idea what it means?

      Thanks,

      Andrea
    • PleaseNA@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 1999
        Hi Andrea. I'm sorry I don't have the answer but I remember there is a
        Latin-English translation site. Maybe that will help you. Here's the URL.
        http://www.cimorelli.com/pie/faq/lat_eng.htm
        Hope this will help.
        Karen G
      • Andrea Vangor
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 1999
          Thanks -- I hope I can solve the mystery!