Re: city of Szilad, names Bartosik, Hudec

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Mary Hudec <hawaiihudec@y...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > My grandmother, Maria Bartosik came over from the city
      > of Szilad in 1912 and I can't seem to be able to find
      > the city on any maps. If anyone knows where the city
      > is or has any info on the Bartosik or Hudec families,
      > please let me know.
      >
      > Mary

      Siladice (Sk) Szilád (H) is located 33 miles ENE of Bratislava.
      The LDS-Moroms have not filmed the parish church records for
      Siladice as yet.
      But, they do exist :
      Its R.C. parish church records (1771-1895) are listed under Horné
      Zelenice.

      You can write the Main Archives (Archív hlavného mesta Bratislavy)
      to research your surname records.
      Their narrative research report will be written in Slovak, not
      English.
      If you don't know Slovak you would need to get their research report
      translated.

      There are three different rates.
      Clerical, the cheapest, the basic research, and the most difficult,
      the more expensive.
      They will do research you request then send you a bill which you must
      pay before they send the information.

      Slovak State Archives URLs

      http://www.netway.at/ihff/c.htm

      http://www.slovak.com/genealogy/adresy_na_slovensku.html