Re: Beretski, Austria

  • BobHORGOS@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 1999
      Lisa: If you would go back to ShetlSeeker and merely type in the name of
      Beretski and do not type in the name of the country, ShetlSeeker will give
      you every similiar sounding town/village in all of Eastern Europe. You will
      locate towns in Belarus, Ukraine, Russia and so on. Remember that most of the
      immigrants came from the Austria-Hungary Empire and that covered many of the
      today's countries. It is possible that he did come from such as Belarus or
      the Ukraine. (I merely typed in the name Beretski without typing in the name
      of a country and ShetlSeeker presented me with about 800 names of towns and
      villages in all of the countries of Eastern Europe. There were quite a few
      similar sounding towns in the Belarus and also quite a few similar sounding
      towns in what is today Russia. I suppose that you would find about 60 or 70
      villages that have a variation of Beretski. I did not take the time to
      separate them out --I figured that you could easily scroll through them.