Re: [S-R] German villages in Slovakia

  • Konekta
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
      John,
      Yes, Krize 1869 census is available.
      Vladimir
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: John M,
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 4:28 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] German villages in Slovakia

      At 02:30 PM 11/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
      >Dear Noreen,
      >I have a listing of available 1869 censuses for Spis and Saris.
      >Lubica, Lubicke kupele, Kezmarok and Liptovska Teplicka are not on the list.
      >Regards,
      >Vladimir

      Vladimir,

      Can you find Kriz^e in S^aris^. I found the neighboring villagers of
      Livov and Bogliarka but not Krize, which was known as Krizse from 1863 to
      1902. D'akujem.

      John

    • John M,
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
        At 05:41 PM 11/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
        >John,
        >Yes, Krize 1869 census is available.
        >Vladimir

        Thank you. Is it incorporated with the census of another town or listed by
        itself? It seems to be eluding me. I checked the 398 listed Saros
        villages at:

        http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C180%2C0&titleno=993125&disp=N%E9psz%E1ml%E1l%E1s%2C_1869

        I couldn't find a listing for Kriz^e or Krizse I did find 2 listings for
        Krive. D'akujem.

        John
      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
          Hello Vladimir,
          is Raslavice or Presov or Podhradik in this census for Saros? Thanks.
          best wishes,
          Noreen
        • Konekta
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
            Dear Noreen,
            Yes all three are available.
            Regards,
            Vladimir

            Not all censuses for every village survived. Therefore the Levoca and Presov archives have lists of available censuses.

            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
              John,
              Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then, every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.

              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                Vladimir,

                Thank you for the information on the villages of Kravany, Kubachy, and Hranovnica. It's all very interesting. I had no idea that Hranovnica was so much larger than Kravany. My grandparents came over to America just a few years before 1910, so information from that period is very meaningful to me. Thanks again.

                Jim Dubelko
              • John M,
                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                  At 09:06 AM 11/9/2002 +0100, you wrote:
                  >John,
                  >Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then,
                  >every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.
                  >Vladimir

                  Thanks. I realized that when I got information from the 1869 census for
                  Niklova (now Mikulasova). You said the 1869 census for Krize was available
                  yet the village is not listed under Krize, Krizse (1863-1902), or
                  Kiskereszt (1907-1913) on the Family History Library Catalog site. If I
                  recall correctly, there are 398 Saros villages listed in the 1869 census at
                  this site. If the census is available, they either neglected to enter the
                  village or used a name that is not listed in "Majtan". Do you know what
                  name the village is listed under?

                  John

                • Konekta
                  Message 8 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                    Dear John,
                    I am not referring to LDS lists.
                    My list from the Presov archive lists the village as Krize in normal slovak spelling. It was, then, in the Gaboltov district.
                    Regards,
                    Vladimir
                    >Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then,
                    >every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.
                    >Vladimir

                    Thanks. I realized that when I got information from the 1869 census for
                    Niklova (now Mikulasova). You said the 1869 census for Krize was available
                    yet the village is not listed under Krize, Krizse (1863-1902), or
                    Kiskereszt (1907-1913) on the Family History Library Catalog site. If I
                    recall correctly, there are 398 Saros villages listed in the 1869 census at
                    this site. If the census is available, they either neglected to enter the
                    village or used a name that is not listed in "Majtan". Do you know what
                    name the village is listed under?

                    John

                  • Dan Kisha
                    Message 9 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                      Vladimir:

                      Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                      Zehna, Slovakia.

                      Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                      >I have a listing of available 1869 censuses for Spis and Saris.
                      >Lubica, Lubicke kupele, Kezmarok and Liptovska Teplicka are not on
                      the list.
                      >Regards,
                      >Vladimir

                      Vladimir,

                      Can you find Kriz^e in S^aris^. I found the neighboring villagers of

                      Livov and Bogliarka but not Krize, which was known as Krizse from 1863
                      1902. D'akujem.

                      John

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • John M,
                      Message 10 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                        At 07:11 PM 11/9/2002 +0100, you wrote:
                        >Dear John,
                        >I am not referring to LDS lists.
                        >My list from the Presov archive lists the village as Krize in normal
                        >slovak spelling. It was, then, in the Gaboltov district.
                        >Regards,
                        >Vladimir

                        Thanks Vlad. I'll check with the LDS to see if they made a mistake in
                        their index. Krive doesn't seem big enough to warrant a continuation on
                        another microfilm. They list a Krive and a folyt. (continuation) Krive.

                        John M.
                      • Donna Lachney
                        Message 11 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                          Dear Vladimir, In your census listing for 1869, does it contain Iglo? It would be interesting to find out. I appreciate your information.
                          Donna Lachney Lacsni, Mlinarcik, Gajdos, Jerscik(?)

                          Message 12 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                            At 05:31 PM 11/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                            >Vladimir:
                            >
                            >Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                            >Zehna, Slovakia.
                            >
                            >Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                            Dan,

                            From the FHLC :

                            Vaspataka (Zelezník) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2189409 Item 9 ]

                            Girált (Giraltovce) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2189407 Item 7 ]

                            Zsegnye (Zehna) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2162309 Item 5 ]

                            John M.

                            Message 13 of 29 , Nov 10, 2002
                              Dear Donna,
                              My listing does not show Spisska Nova Ves (Iglo). It does show Spisska Kapitula, which was an internal church administrative body. I have not been researching this yet, so I can not tell you what it encompasses.
                              Can find out this on Monday for you.
                              Regards,
                              Vladimir

                              Message 14 of 29 , Nov 10, 2002
                                Dear Dan,
                                Long time no see!
                                Yes, they are all there.
                                Regards,
                                Vladimir
                                >Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                                >Zehna, Slovakia.
                                >
                                >Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                                Dan,

                                From the FHLC :

                                Message 15 of 29 , Nov 11, 2002
                                  Dear Vladimir,
                                  Hi and Thank you for the information. I look forward to hearing any information you may come across. I have my great grandmother and great grandfather's baptism papers from 1881. I just can't make out the church it was catholic, that is all I know. I would love to find out more, as all of us on here.
                                  Donna Lacsni, Gajdos, Mlinarcik, Jerscik

                                  Konekta <konekta@...> wrote:Dear Donna,