Re: [S-R] German villages in Slovakia

  • Konekta
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
      Dear Noreen,
      I have a listing of available 1869 censuses for Spis and Saris.
      Lubica, Lubicke kupele, Kezmarok and Liptovska Teplicka are not on the list.
      Regards,
      Vladimir
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
        This book "Nazvy obci Slovenskej Republiky" is generally referred to as "Majtan", after the last author Milan Majtan.
        Vladimir
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
          At 02:30 PM 11/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
          >Dear Noreen,
          >I have a listing of available 1869 censuses for Spis and Saris.
          >Lubica, Lubicke kupele, Kezmarok and Liptovska Teplicka are not on the list.
          >Regards,
          >Vladimir

          Vladimir,

          Can you find Kriz^e in S^aris^. I found the neighboring villagers of
          Livov and Bogliarka but not Krize, which was known as Krizse from 1863 to
          1902. D'akujem.

          John
        • Konekta
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
            John,
            Yes, Krize 1869 census is available.
            Vladimir

            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
              At 05:41 PM 11/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
              >John,
              >Yes, Krize 1869 census is available.
              >Vladimir

              Thank you. Is it incorporated with the census of another town or listed by
              itself? It seems to be eluding me. I checked the 398 listed Saros
              villages at:

              http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C180%2C0&titleno=993125&disp=N%E9psz%E1ml%E1l%E1s%2C_1869

              I couldn't find a listing for Kriz^e or Krizse I did find 2 listings for
              Krive. D'akujem.

              John
            • nhasior@aol.com
              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
                Hello Vladimir,
                is Raslavice or Presov or Podhradik in this census for Saros? Thanks.
                best wishes,
                Noreen
              • Konekta
                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
                  Dear Noreen,
                  Yes all three are available.
                  Regards,
                  Vladimir

                  Not all censuses for every village survived. Therefore the Levoca and Presov archives have lists of available censuses.

                  Message 8 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                    John,
                    Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then, every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.

                    Message 9 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                      Vladimir,

                      Thank you for the information on the villages of Kravany, Kubachy, and Hranovnica. It's all very interesting. I had no idea that Hranovnica was so much larger than Kravany. My grandparents came over to America just a few years before 1910, so information from that period is very meaningful to me. Thanks again.

                      Jim Dubelko
                    • John M,
                      Message 10 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                        At 09:06 AM 11/9/2002 +0100, you wrote:
                        >John,
                        >Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then,
                        >every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.
                        >Vladimir

                        Thanks. I realized that when I got information from the 1869 census for
                        Niklova (now Mikulasova). You said the 1869 census for Krize was available
                        yet the village is not listed under Krize, Krizse (1863-1902), or
                        Kiskereszt (1907-1913) on the Family History Library Catalog site. If I
                        recall correctly, there are 398 Saros villages listed in the 1869 census at
                        this site. If the census is available, they either neglected to enter the
                        village or used a name that is not listed in "Majtan". Do you know what
                        name the village is listed under?

                        John

                      • Konekta
                        Message 11 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                          Dear John,
                          I am not referring to LDS lists.
                          My list from the Presov archive lists the village as Krize in normal slovak spelling. It was, then, in the Gaboltov district.
                          Regards,
                          Vladimir
                          >Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then,
                          >every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.
                          >Vladimir

                          Thanks. I realized that when I got information from the 1869 census for
                          Niklova (now Mikulasova). You said the 1869 census for Krize was available
                          yet the village is not listed under Krize, Krizse (1863-1902), or
                          Kiskereszt (1907-1913) on the Family History Library Catalog site. If I
                          recall correctly, there are 398 Saros villages listed in the 1869 census at
                          this site. If the census is available, they either neglected to enter the
                          village or used a name that is not listed in "Majtan". Do you know what
                          name the village is listed under?

                          John

                        • Dan Kisha
                          Message 12 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                            Vladimir:

                            Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                            Zehna, Slovakia.

                            Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                            >I have a listing of available 1869 censuses for Spis and Saris.
                            >Lubica, Lubicke kupele, Kezmarok and Liptovska Teplicka are not on
                            the list.
                            >Regards,
                            >Vladimir

                            Vladimir,

                            Can you find Kriz^e in S^aris^. I found the neighboring villagers of

                            Livov and Bogliarka but not Krize, which was known as Krizse from 1863
                            1902. D'akujem.

                            John

                            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                          • John M,
                            Message 13 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                              At 07:11 PM 11/9/2002 +0100, you wrote:
                              >Dear John,
                              >I am not referring to LDS lists.
                              >My list from the Presov archive lists the village as Krize in normal
                              >slovak spelling. It was, then, in the Gaboltov district.
                              >Regards,
                              >Vladimir

                              Thanks Vlad. I'll check with the LDS to see if they made a mistake in
                              their index. Krive doesn't seem big enough to warrant a continuation on
                              another microfilm. They list a Krive and a folyt. (continuation) Krive.

                              John M.
                            • Donna Lachney
                              Message 14 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                                Dear Vladimir, In your census listing for 1869, does it contain Iglo? It would be interesting to find out. I appreciate your information.
                                Donna Lachney Lacsni, Mlinarcik, Gajdos, Jerscik(?)

                                Message 15 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                                  At 05:31 PM 11/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                                  >Vladimir:
                                  >
                                  >Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                                  >Zehna, Slovakia.
                                  >
                                  >Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                                  Dan,

                                  From the FHLC :

                                  Vaspataka (Zelezník) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2189409 Item 9 ]

                                  Girált (Giraltovce) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2189407 Item 7 ]

                                  Zsegnye (Zehna) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2162309 Item 5 ]

                                  John M.

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Nov 10, 2002
                                    Dear Donna,
                                    My listing does not show Spisska Nova Ves (Iglo). It does show Spisska Kapitula, which was an internal church administrative body. I have not been researching this yet, so I can not tell you what it encompasses.
                                    Can find out this on Monday for you.
                                    Regards,
                                    Vladimir

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Nov 10, 2002
                                      Dear Dan,
                                      Long time no see!
                                      Yes, they are all there.
                                      Regards,
                                      Vladimir
                                      >Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                                      >Zehna, Slovakia.
                                      >
                                      >Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                                      Dan,

                                      From the FHLC :

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Nov 11, 2002
                                        Dear Vladimir,
                                        Hi and Thank you for the information. I look forward to hearing any information you may come across. I have my great grandmother and great grandfather's baptism papers from 1881. I just can't make out the church it was catholic, that is all I know. I would love to find out more, as all of us on here.
                                        Donna Lacsni, Gajdos, Mlinarcik, Jerscik

                                        Konekta <konekta@...> wrote:Dear Donna,