Re: [S-R] German villages in Slovakia

  • Konekta
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
      Dear Jim,
      What I have is statistical data, not families.
      Kravany 1910
      Inhabitants 664
      magyar 1
      german 4
      slovak 632
      other 27

      Religion
      Rc 661
      jewish 3

      homes 137

      Kubachy 1910

      inhab 1591
      magyar 3
      german 22
      slovak 1519
      other 47

      religion
      Rc 1569
      Gc 1
      Ev 1
      jewish 20

      homes 290

      Hranovnica 1910

      inhabitants 1208
      magyar 11
      german 42
      slovak 1155

      religion
      Rc 1048
      Gc 5
      Ev 112
      jewish 43

      homes 219

      Regards,
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
        Dear Noreen,
        I have a listing of available 1869 censuses for Spis and Saris.
        Lubica, Lubicke kupele, Kezmarok and Liptovska Teplicka are not on the list.
        Regards,
        Vladimir
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
          This book "Nazvy obci Slovenskej Republiky" is generally referred to as "Majtan", after the last author Milan Majtan.
          Vladimir
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
            At 02:30 PM 11/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
            >Dear Noreen,
            >I have a listing of available 1869 censuses for Spis and Saris.
            >Lubica, Lubicke kupele, Kezmarok and Liptovska Teplicka are not on the list.
            >Regards,
            >Vladimir

            Vladimir,

            Can you find Kriz^e in S^aris^. I found the neighboring villagers of
            Livov and Bogliarka but not Krize, which was known as Krizse from 1863 to
            1902. D'akujem.

            John
          • Konekta
            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
              John,
              Yes, Krize 1869 census is available.
              Vladimir

              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
                At 05:41 PM 11/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
                >John,
                >Yes, Krize 1869 census is available.
                >Vladimir

                Thank you. Is it incorporated with the census of another town or listed by
                itself? It seems to be eluding me. I checked the 398 listed Saros
                villages at:

                http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titlefilmnotes&columns=*%2C180%2C0&titleno=993125&disp=N%E9psz%E1ml%E1l%E1s%2C_1869

                I couldn't find a listing for Kriz^e or Krizse I did find 2 listings for
                Krive. D'akujem.

                John
              • nhasior@aol.com
                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
                  Hello Vladimir,
                  is Raslavice or Presov or Podhradik in this census for Saros? Thanks.
                  best wishes,
                  Noreen
                • Konekta
                  Message 8 of 29 , Nov 8, 2002
                    Dear Noreen,
                    Yes all three are available.
                    Regards,
                    Vladimir

                    Not all censuses for every village survived. Therefore the Levoca and Presov archives have lists of available censuses.

                    Message 9 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                      John,
                      Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then, every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.

                      Message 10 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                        Vladimir,

                        Thank you for the information on the villages of Kravany, Kubachy, and Hranovnica. It's all very interesting. I had no idea that Hranovnica was so much larger than Kravany. My grandparents came over to America just a few years before 1910, so information from that period is very meaningful to me. Thanks again.

                        Jim Dubelko
                      • John M,
                        Message 11 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                          At 09:06 AM 11/9/2002 +0100, you wrote:
                          >John,
                          >Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then,
                          >every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.
                          >Vladimir

                          Thanks. I realized that when I got information from the 1869 census for
                          Niklova (now Mikulasova). You said the 1869 census for Krize was available
                          yet the village is not listed under Krize, Krizse (1863-1902), or
                          Kiskereszt (1907-1913) on the Family History Library Catalog site. If I
                          recall correctly, there are 398 Saros villages listed in the 1869 census at
                          this site. If the census is available, they either neglected to enter the
                          village or used a name that is not listed in "Majtan". Do you know what
                          name the village is listed under?

                          John

                        • Konekta
                          Message 12 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                            Dear John,
                            I am not referring to LDS lists.
                            My list from the Presov archive lists the village as Krize in normal slovak spelling. It was, then, in the Gaboltov district.
                            Regards,
                            Vladimir
                            >Every village or town census is a separate bundle of papers.And then,
                            >every house has it's own set of sheets with all the inhabitants etc.
                            >Vladimir

                            Thanks. I realized that when I got information from the 1869 census for
                            Niklova (now Mikulasova). You said the 1869 census for Krize was available
                            yet the village is not listed under Krize, Krizse (1863-1902), or
                            Kiskereszt (1907-1913) on the Family History Library Catalog site. If I
                            recall correctly, there are 398 Saros villages listed in the 1869 census at
                            this site. If the census is available, they either neglected to enter the
                            village or used a name that is not listed in "Majtan". Do you know what
                            name the village is listed under?

                            John

                          • Dan Kisha
                            Message 13 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                              Vladimir:

                              Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                              Zehna, Slovakia.

                              Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                              >I have a listing of available 1869 censuses for Spis and Saris.
                              >Lubica, Lubicke kupele, Kezmarok and Liptovska Teplicka are not on
                              the list.
                              >Regards,
                              >Vladimir

                              Vladimir,

                              Can you find Kriz^e in S^aris^. I found the neighboring villagers of

                              Livov and Bogliarka but not Krize, which was known as Krizse from 1863
                              1902. D'akujem.

                              John

                              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                            • John M,
                              Message 14 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                                At 07:11 PM 11/9/2002 +0100, you wrote:
                                >Dear John,
                                >I am not referring to LDS lists.
                                >My list from the Presov archive lists the village as Krize in normal
                                >slovak spelling. It was, then, in the Gaboltov district.
                                >Regards,
                                >Vladimir

                                Thanks Vlad. I'll check with the LDS to see if they made a mistake in
                                their index. Krive doesn't seem big enough to warrant a continuation on
                                another microfilm. They list a Krive and a folyt. (continuation) Krive.

                                John M.
                              • Donna Lachney
                                Message 15 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                                  Dear Vladimir, In your census listing for 1869, does it contain Iglo? It would be interesting to find out. I appreciate your information.
                                  Donna Lachney Lacsni, Mlinarcik, Gajdos, Jerscik(?)

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Nov 9, 2002
                                    At 05:31 PM 11/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
                                    >Vladimir:
                                    >
                                    >Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                                    >Zehna, Slovakia.
                                    >
                                    >Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                                    Dan,

                                    From the FHLC :

                                    Vaspataka (Zelezník) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2189409 Item 9 ]

                                    Girált (Giraltovce) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2189407 Item 7 ]

                                    Zsegnye (Zehna) - VAULT INTL Film [ 2162309 Item 5 ]

                                    John M.

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Nov 10, 2002
                                      Dear Donna,
                                      My listing does not show Spisska Nova Ves (Iglo). It does show Spisska Kapitula, which was an internal church administrative body. I have not been researching this yet, so I can not tell you what it encompasses.
                                      Can find out this on Monday for you.
                                      Regards,
                                      Vladimir

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Nov 10, 2002
                                        Dear Dan,
                                        Long time no see!
                                        Yes, they are all there.
                                        Regards,
                                        Vladimir
                                        >Do you have a listing in the 1869 census for Zeleznik, Giraltovce and
                                        >Zehna, Slovakia.
                                        >
                                        >Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

                                        Dan,

                                        From the FHLC :

                                        Message 19 of 29 , Nov 11, 2002
                                          Dear Vladimir,
                                          Hi and Thank you for the information. I look forward to hearing any information you may come across. I have my great grandmother and great grandfather's baptism papers from 1881. I just can't make out the church it was catholic, that is all I know. I would love to find out more, as all of us on here.
                                          Donna Lacsni, Gajdos, Mlinarcik, Jerscik

                                          Konekta <konekta@...> wrote:Dear Donna,