Re: [S-R] naming traditions

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 8, 2002
      Thanks Ron for the website on Mucha. my aunt sent me pictures of the
      pipeline and a highway after the earthquake. i am glad that you were not
      hurt
      Noreen
    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 9, 2002
        Thank you Frank, for all the information about the settlers and historical
        facts on particular areas of Slovakia.
        i wish that our own History courses taught during high school and college
        would contain more history about Eastern Europe. even today's Eastern
        European courses mostly deal with the Holocaust and The Soviet Union. i
        looked into the curriculum for the Soviet Union and find that it mostly deals
        with Russia itself. so it is interesting to learn from other members of this
        list a partial history of Slovak Republic and some of the border countries.
        Information on the Holocaust is very stagnated and does not contain more than
        we have heard over and over. and no details. The Diary of Anne Frank is
        still the required reading for these courses. I have learned far more on
        this website about Eastern Europe than in any general course given in this
        country.
        Noreen