Re: [S-R] naming traditions

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 6, 2002
      Of course don't forget the most famous Mucha, the Czech artist Alphons Mucha
      of art nouveau fame. I believe I read where his name Mucha = Fly.

      to start, check out
      http://www.mucha.cz/index.phtml?S=home&Lang=EN

      Ron

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 8, 2002
        Thanks Ron for the website on Mucha. my aunt sent me pictures of the
        pipeline and a highway after the earthquake. i am glad that you were not
        hurt
        Noreen
      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 9, 2002
          Thank you Frank, for all the information about the settlers and historical
          facts on particular areas of Slovakia.
          i wish that our own History courses taught during high school and college
          would contain more history about Eastern Europe. even today's Eastern
          European courses mostly deal with the Holocaust and The Soviet Union. i
          looked into the curriculum for the Soviet Union and find that it mostly deals
          with Russia itself. so it is interesting to learn from other members of this
          list a partial history of Slovak Republic and some of the border countries.
          Information on the Holocaust is very stagnated and does not contain more than
          we have heard over and over. and no details. The Diary of Anne Frank is
          still the required reading for these courses. I have learned far more on
          this website about Eastern Europe than in any general course given in this
          country.
          Noreen