Re: [S-R] New file uploaded to SLOVAK-ROOTS

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 171 , Nov 4, 2002
      At 05:05 AM 11/4/2002 -0800, you wrote:
      >This is ngood news but how the heck can I read it it is in Russian and
      >Hungarian also have to scroll info back and forth Is there another
      >way this
      >information can be put on the List??
      >--- SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      You can print it or download it and resize it, print it etc.. Set it to
      print a standard page size. As far as any other way of putting information
      on the list, not to my knowledge. If they allowed incorporating graphics
      into the posts, that would force people who had no interest in the post to
      download large graphic files to their computers. The only way easy way
      that I know of getting around the language problem is to pick ancestors
      from English speaking countries. Other than that you have to learn the
      language or pay to have the documents translated unless you can find a
      volunteer to do it pro bono.

      John M
    • JohnY
      Message 171 of 171 , May 30, 2013
        I uploaded a screen shot of the 1828 land census from Hungary. It is for Maly Lipnik, Slovakia which was then Lipnyik, Hungary. Just wanted to share my find as multiple ancestors are listed.
        The full document is at
        https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/450353
        volume 24.