Re: inventar

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., nhasior@a... wrote:

      > can someone tell me what i am looking at?
      > a few weeks ago, i received an LDS film which i requested and it is
      titled
      > "Inventar"
      >
      > some of the other subtitles are
      > Zbierka Cirkevnych Matrik z uzemia Spisa
      >
      > it is beautifully typed out and lists each and every town in the
      Spis area.
      > i was looking for alternative and other villages for the birth of my
      aunt.
      > there are many reference lines but i do not know what i am looking
      at. it
      > seems very well planned out and it could be a help.
      > thanks.
      > Noreen

      Before WW I, Slovakia was part of Upper Hungary (Felvidék) and
      part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (1867-1918) and earlier a
      part of Hungary under the Austrian Empire.
      Hungarian names were used for towns and counties.

      What was the LDS microfilm number ?
      Inventar probably means 'inventory'.

      subtitle
      Parish church record collection from Spis' territory.

      In Slovak the matriky are parish church records.
      Pre-WW I, Spis' z^upa (Sk) was called Szepes megye (county) in
      Hungarian.
      In Slovak, so post-1895 or just a film header ?
      The parish church records were generally written in Latin, Hungarian;
      sometimes German, Ruthenian, and even in Hebrew.
      Since it was typed it must have been post c. 1920.