inventar

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
      can someone tell me what i am looking at?
      a few weeks ago, i received an LDS film which i requested and it is titled
      "Inventar"

      some of the other subtitles are
      Zbierka Cirkevnych Matrik z uzemia Spisa

      it is beautifully typed out and lists each and every town in the Spis area.
      i was looking for alternative and other villages for the birth of my aunt.
      there are many reference lines but i do not know what i am looking at. it
      seems very well planned out and it could be a help.
      thanks.
      Noreen
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., nhasior@a... wrote:

        > can someone tell me what i am looking at?
        > a few weeks ago, i received an LDS film which i requested and it is
        titled
        > "Inventar"
        >
        > some of the other subtitles are
        > Zbierka Cirkevnych Matrik z uzemia Spisa
        >
        > it is beautifully typed out and lists each and every town in the
        Spis area.
        > i was looking for alternative and other villages for the birth of my
        aunt.
        > there are many reference lines but i do not know what i am looking
        at. it
        > seems very well planned out and it could be a help.
        > thanks.
        > Noreen

        Before WW I, Slovakia was part of Upper Hungary (Felvidék) and
        part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (1867-1918) and earlier a
        part of Hungary under the Austrian Empire.
        Hungarian names were used for towns and counties.

        What was the LDS microfilm number ?
        Inventar probably means 'inventory'.

        subtitle
        Parish church record collection from Spis' territory.

        In Slovak the matriky are parish church records.
        Pre-WW I, Spis' z^upa (Sk) was called Szepes megye (county) in
        Hungarian.
        In Slovak, so post-1895 or just a film header ?
        The parish church records were generally written in Latin, Hungarian;
        sometimes German, Ruthenian, and even in Hebrew.
        Since it was typed it must have been post c. 1920.