GAPKO/RAPANT

  • tam27tay
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2002
      I have another question. I don't understand why either of my great
      grandparents names don't show up on the Ellis Island. I have my
      great grandfather's death certificate and it says he was born 1891 in
      Czecho Slovak and he had my grandfather in Pitts. Pennsylvania 1918
      so the both had to come to the US in the early 1900's.

      Tammy
    • capt jack
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2002
        Maybe they didnt enter the U.S. through Ellis Island, many entered through Canada, or Texas for example.

        Jim

      • Tamara Taylor
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 30, 2002
          capt jack <captjack00@...> wrote:

          Maybe they didnt enter the U.S. through Ellis Island, many entered through Canada, or Texas for example.

          Jim

          Jim,

          Is there a way that I can find out if they came into a differnt state?

          Tammy

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • dktahg01
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 30, 2002
            Hi, I am new to the group but I had the same problem with the Ellis
            Island site. The spelling on my grand parent's name had been recorded
            so incorrect it would not come up on the search. I found the spelling
            as it appeared on the Ellis documents, only when I began a search of
            naturalization papers at the National Archive district office.
            Douglas

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "tam27tay" <tam27tay@y...> wrote:
            > I have another question. I don't understand why either of my great
            > grandparents names don't show up on the Ellis Island. I have my
            > great grandfather's death certificate and it says he was born 1891
            in
            > Czecho Slovak and he had my grandfather in Pitts. Pennsylvania 1918
            > so the both had to come to the US in the early 1900's.
            >
            > Tammy
          • Peter Pikna
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 9, 2003
              Hello Tammy,
              the name Rabatin can be misspeling the name Rapant. Try to connect with him.
              Have a nice day
              Peter

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 10, 2003
                Sorry Peter,
                Rapant and Rabatin are two legitimate surnames.
                Vladimir