Re: Viglaro?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27 2:20 PM
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., thomas henceroth <thenceroth@y...> wrote:
      > Can someone tell me where Viglaro is--and/or what
      > it's called now?
      > Thought I'd add, also, that if anyone's getting
      > frustrated in their efforts, please keep plugging
      > away. I started with nothing but a shoebox of old
      > letters and postcards I couldn't read, and some
      > photos. Last week I spoke with a cousin on the phone
      > who contacted me from what I thought was a failed
      > attempt to find relatives from last December. I copied
      > an old postcard and a couple photos of people standing
      > in front of a house, enclosed an international reply
      > coupon, and a sketch of my family tree. Then I mailed
      > it to the post office in Ol'ka, where the card was
      > originally postmarked. It took some time, but it worked!

      You mentioned no surnames.

      Ol'ka is located 226 miles ENE of Bratislava in eastern Slovakia.
      Don't know a village Vigalaro so will have to guess.
      A Vilagy is located just 9 miles to east of Ol'ka.

      G.C. parish church records exist (1778-1910) for Vilagy a.k.a.
      Svetlice.
      Svetlice (also called Vilagy), Slovakia, formerly Világ, Zemplén
      megye, Hungary.
      Text in Latin, Hungarian, and Church Slavonic.

      > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
    • Konekta
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 10, 2002
        Dear Tammy,
        I wrote an article about how to find living relatives.
        You can find it on my home page www.konekta.sk
        Regards,
        Vladimir