Re: [S-R] Kolina, Boldizar, John Bolga and Julia Gala

  • McKee June
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2002
      thanks John for the info. do you know if there are
      very many Kolinas in slovak?

      http://faith.yahoo.com
    • John M,
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2002
        At 01:51 PM 10/10/2002 -0700, you wrote:
        >thanks John for the info. do you know if there are
        >very many Kolinas in slovak?

        Try Kolena using the Slovakia white
        pages http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/index.html . I didn't have any luck
        with Kolina but there were Kolena, Kolenova, and Koleno in Bratislava and a
        few other towns. There are 30 Kolina and 27 Kolena in the Ellis Island
        database (EIDB). There are 12 Boldiz^ar (pronounced Boldizhar) listed in
        the Kosice online directory and 2 in Bratislava. There are 10 Boldizar
        listed in the EIDB. There are several Bolgac^ (pronounced Bolgach) in
        Bratislava but I didn't find Bolga in the few towns I looked at. There are
        6 Bolga in the EIDB. I found a few Gal'a (pronounced Galya) in
        Kosice. There are 323 Gala in the EIDB. Most are from Slovakia or Italy.

        John
      • McKee June
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 11, 2002
          thanks John I appreciate it. I have checked out in the
          past Kolina in the ellis island but none of which
          would be my family. Do you think there are records
          other than what can be acessed on-line? I know there
          have to be records somewhere but how to obtain them I
          am not too sure. I am trying to get my grandmothers
          naturalization papers but will see if anything becomes
          of it. I have an old picture of her with a number at
          the bottom of it and ends in a "c" reading I found
          that in 1929 they started taking pictures of the new
          citizens so I am hoping that It is that picture and
          maybe they will come back with papers! My grandfather
          is another story because I dont know if he came in at
          ellis island or not, could have been another port in
          new york, but pretty sure it was ny.

          thanks again
          june

          http://faith.yahoo.com