[Admin] Virus "alerts"

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2002
      One of the rules of this list is -not- to send virus "alerts" -- the
      reason being 99% of them are hoaxes and only stir up trouble.

      When there is something to really be concerned about I will send a
      message, as I did last week concerning the real bugbear thing going
      around. Or you will read or hear about it on radio or tv. Otherwise,
      ignore them. Some people on the net have nothing better to do than think
      these hoaxes up and get everyone stirred up about it.

      The general rule on the internet is -- if it says "send this to everyone
      you know", it's junk.
      Just delete it.

      Maura

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...