Re: SURNAME

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "carpathian50" <lona4@v...> wrote:
      > I am searching ffor the surname of Marcek. My Grandmother
      > Sophia Paula Marcek was born in St. Martin, Turocer Komitat,
      > Austria-Hungary, which is now Martin,Slovakia.Her father's name
      > Mathes Marcek Her mother's name Susanna (Polnec) Marcek.
      > My Grandmother was born in 1878. Also need to know the names of
      > Cemeteries in Martin. Appreciate any information.
      >
      > Sincerely
      > Loretta

      The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1718-1895)
      for Martin (also called Svätý Martin), Slovakia, formerly,
      Turócz-Szent-Márton, Turócz megye (county), Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      2002293
      2003294

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

      Hungarian English
      rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic
      ag. AG. ágostai Evangelical (Lutheran)
      izr. IZR. izraelita Israelite (Jewish)

      (Only the film headers are written in Slovak)
      In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
      Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
      Sobás^ení = Marriages
      Zomrelí = Deaths

      In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.

      Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

      In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
      Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
      Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
      Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

      Church Record Translations

      http://www.bmi.net/jjaso//