SURNAME

  • carpathian50
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2002
      I am searching ffor the surname of Marcek. My Grandmother
      Sophia Paula Marcek was born in St. Martin, Turocer Komitat,
      Austria-Hungary, which is now Martin,Slovakia.Her father's name
      Mathes Marcek Her mother's name Susanna (Polnec) Marcek.
      My Grandmother was born in 1878. Also need to know the names of
      Cemeteries in Martin. Appreciate any information.

      Sincerely
      Loretta
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2002
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "carpathian50" <lona4@v...> wrote:
        > I am searching ffor the surname of Marcek. My Grandmother
        > Sophia Paula Marcek was born in St. Martin, Turocer Komitat,
        > Austria-Hungary, which is now Martin,Slovakia.Her father's name
        > Mathes Marcek Her mother's name Susanna (Polnec) Marcek.
        > My Grandmother was born in 1878. Also need to know the names of
        > Cemeteries in Martin. Appreciate any information.
        >
        > Sincerely
        > Loretta

        The LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1718-1895)
        for Martin (also called Svätý Martin), Slovakia, formerly,
        Turócz-Szent-Márton, Turócz megye (county), Hungary.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        film #
        2002293
        2003294

        Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

        LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

        Hungarian English
        rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic
        ag. AG. ágostai Evangelical (Lutheran)
        izr. IZR. izraelita Israelite (Jewish)

        (Only the film headers are written in Slovak)
        In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
        Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
        Sobás^ení = Marriages
        Zomrelí = Deaths

        In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.

        Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

        In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
        Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
        Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
        Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

        Church Record Translations

        http://www.bmi.net/jjaso//