Polish records

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2002
      I'm about to dive into records from Mussina, Gallacia (now Nowy Sacz
      Poland) and need help decifering some words to order the right film.

      akta urodzen

      adkta malzenstw

      adkta zgonow

      Also, anyone know of a good site for basic Polish genealogy words? You
      know, ages by month, occupations etc? I had the Hungarian down pretty
      well, now need to learn Polish.

      Thanks,
      Maura

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      SHAMROCK ROOTS homepage

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
    • John M,
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2002
        At 02:27 PM 9/22/2002 -0500, you wrote:
        >I'm about to dive into records from Mussina, Gallacia (now Nowy Sacz
        >Poland) and need help decifering some words to order the right film.
        >
        >akta urodzen

        birth

        >adkta malzenstw

        marriage

        >adkta zgonow

        death

        >Also, anyone know of a good site for basic Polish genealogy words? You
        >know, ages by month, occupations etc? I had the Hungarian down pretty
        >well, now need to learn Polish.

        http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/rg/guide/WLPolish18.asp

        John
      • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23, 2002
          Here's another site with Polish word lists:

          http://www.rootsweb.com/~polwgw/terms.html

          Joe Armata

          >Also, anyone know of a good site for basic Polish genealogy words? You
          >know, ages by month, occupations etc? I had the Hungarian down pretty
          >well, now need to learn Polish.
        • mpetzolt
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 23, 2002
            Thanks to John and Joe for those great websites!

            Maura