Re: [S-R] Form 639

  • Maureen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2002
      Marge,
      I assume you are seeking naturalization papers, right?

      If the parties were naturalized in PA, go to the Philadelphia NARA

      http://www.archives.gov/facilities/pa/philadelphia_center_city.html

      They have an email address. You can send them an email with all the information you have and what you are seeking. You will get an automated reply first, then a reply to tell you if they have located the records you seek and how much money to send for the copies. I contacted them this way for my grandfather's papers and I had his naturalization papers in my hands within 11 days! I cannot guarantee they are still as responsive, but it is certainly worth a try!

      Maureen