Re: Document Dilema

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Dorothy Finn <dorothy@t...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      > I have come across a situation that is puzzling.
      > My gf Jozef Babon(Babony) listed his parents Joannes Babony and
      Maria
      > Vodzsak, Fridman, Spis (Spech).
      > I have verified this information.

      'Fridman' was probably a German settlement located in former
      Szepes/S^pis/Zipser county (now Slovakia), rather than in old
      Hungarian Zemplén megye.

      http://www.feefhs.org/frl/czs/dg-gps.html
      http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15761b.htm

      http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.ub.uni-
      bielefeld.de/zips/&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2BZips%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%2
      6lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN