[S-R] Re: Volkovoje and Ungordas

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2002
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., quyken64 <quyken64@o...> wrote:
      > hi squinch...
      > juast a a coincidence...
      > i was visiting a cousin in FL and they happened to have this very
      book.
      > i'm going to order it from lemar's.
      > thanks,
      > michael

      Hope
      > this helps.
      >
      > I would suggest using the Family History Center films to find
      your
      > family. You can identify the villages and pick out the film from
      > their web site.
      >
      > Squinch
      >

      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., "quyken" <quyken64@o...> wrote:
      > > hi i'm new to the group and starting my family search. i know
      that
      > > half of my family is from Volkovoje (volkovyja, vukovyja,
      > vovkovyja,
      > > volkovija - too many spelling variations) that last name is
      SPONTAK
      > > and... Ungordas (is that also ungvar also uzhorod ?) that last
      name
      > > is Fesko. what i want to try to figure out first is locate
      > Volkovoje
      > > on a map. i'll looked everywhere and can see to find it
      anywhere.
      > > next... i know when my grandparents can to the states and have
      > looked
      > > up their info in the ellis island site. if i knowwhen they left
      > > europe, what is the best way to search back their family in
      > slovakia ?
      > > thanks for any help :-)
      > > regards,
      > > michael spontak

      Expect Volkovje et al was Vovkove, a former Carpatho-Rusyn village.
      Vovkovaje, Vovkovyji.
      Ungordas [now Vovkove], was formerly located in Ung district.

      Probably Vovkii B O B K O |/| I (Cyrillic) in Rivnens'ka region,
      Ukraine.
      You need a good Ukrainian map or web site.

      Volkovyje,Vukovyja (Rus) Wolkoyja (Polish) located in SE Poland was
      just a coincidental because Ung megye/Uz^ z^upa was once part of
      Hungary, but not part of Poland (former Galicija).

      http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/new/77a.htm

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      http://www.yahoogroups.com/groups/SLOVAK-ROOTS -pr- send blank
      email