Re: [S-R] (no subject)

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2002
      At 21:07 08.09.2002 -0600, you wrote:
      >At 22:04 08.09.2002 -0400, you wrote:
      > >On Sept. 2 I sent the following message out to SLOVAK-ROOTS. With all of
      > >email traffic that has come into my address since I joined this group, I
      > >expected to be inundated with advice and information. I've received
      > only one
      > >message and it had nothing to do with answering any of my questions. At
      > this
      > >point I'm reduced to one question: Does anyone out there know anything about
      > >the village of Upor?
      >
      >Upor is now Zemplinska Nova Ves. It's located about 60 miles southeast of
      >Kosice and about 10 miles southwest of Trebisov.

      When I looked up Upor, both references I was using indicate it was
      incorporated into Zemplinska Nova Ves but when I looked for Upor using
      Mapquest and Expedia they show Upor about 1 1/2 miles north of ZNV. I
      believe the Upor church records are with ZNV records and they are probably
      located in Trebisov. If you haven't already done so, try The Family
      History Library Catalog and do a search on
      ZNV. http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp

      John