Are these the same family?

  • mpetzolt2@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2002
      In the research I am doing in Sabinov/Barjedov/Presov films for my
      Petrusska line, I am running into some other "people" which I need to
      check if it is the same line.... same with my Mazalik/Mahalik

      I know different priests spell things differently, and it depends on if
      the film is Latin or Hungarian, but are the surnames Petrusska,
      Petruschka, and Petruss the same ? I am pretty sure the Petrusska and
      Petruschka are, but Petruss could be an entirely different surname....

      And what about Mazalik (definitely a z) which was always spelled that
      way by my gr/gr/uncle who was the priest in Sabinov in all the records
      of the family he officiated at.... but earlier the name was in the
      records as Mahalik ??

      And is Malik (another surname found in Sabinov) another version of this?
      Just spelled wrong or differently (this is in the late 1700's early
      1800's.....)

      Hoping to clear up some confusion....

      Maura

      Maura Petzolt mpetzolt2@...